Anal Dilatation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anal Dilatation

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 13 Jul 2007, 13:37

Just wanted to post the site of these doctors in nyc...it's an aternative to LIS...it's called anal dilatation. Now, everything I've read about AD online says it's an outmoded procedure with higher risks and worse results than LIS...but according to these doctors, they've developed a very specific type of AD that has very good results and very low risks.
If I continue to have my problems, I'll probably pay them a visit...if I do, I'll post what I find out...
http://ssamed.com/analfissure.shtml
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Re: Anal Dilatation

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 14:44

Sounds evry interesting, and I think I heard about this new procedure earlier this year.
Hopefully we can get someone to sign on who's had it...sometimes in the future.
Deleted User 5

Postby dano » 14 Jul 2007, 21:56

seems odd...kinda like they're trying to "sell" the new and improved anal diliation over the lis....youd think if it was that successful,every dr would know about it pretty quickly.they make the lis seem like its not a very good choice and have alot of continence issues with it,seems everyone hear who has had it pretty much praises it and have no problems......
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 15 Jul 2007, 07:47

"youd think if it was that successful,every dr would know about it pretty quickly"
Yeah, you'd think so...but if there's one thing I've learned over the past couple of months, it's that not all CRSs are on the same page. My last CRS prescribed Nifedipine but had no idea what Diltiazem was. Some docs scoff at botox while others recommend it.
I agree though...from what I've read on this forum, people seem to have had very good results from LIS.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jul 2007, 10:00

Also, it takes about 17 year for a new treatment to become standard practice. Can you believe it? (that means things that were invented in 1990 to help us with fissures will just be becoming standard practice today--I think that was the case with BOTOX, infact.)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67