Hemmy question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hemmy question

Postby afugh!! » 26 Sep 2009, 07:38

I've had hemmeroids now for a couple of days and its driving me nuts more then the fissure,in fact my fissure has been behaving now for 2 weeks and I do believe I've accelerated the healing since I've started applying nitro last week. Is there any way with dealing with hemmys while you have AF,I know I can't use tucks pads or hydrocortisone so what can I do to treat it for the mean time?I was thinking of using an otc or the doc prescribed hydrocortisone just for a couple of nights but I'm scared to have a set back on my recovery from the AF since I've made some good progress on it.Should I sitz bath it to death and just wait til it goes away or is there an AF friendly solution?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Hemmy question

Postby happyass » 26 Sep 2009, 12:32

i have a hemmy - laverne and shirley - she's quite a lot to put up with sometimes but then she goes on vacation and i have a happy ass until she comes back for a party.
i would recommend trying Vicks Vapor Rub. i know it sounds insane but when my hemmy is not happy, that's what i apply on it so i can get some peace.
at first you don't know if it is burning or cooling...but it wears off and you begin to feel an intense cooling sensation. it goes away. just to try it, just use a very little thin coat so you can see how you feel.
after your first application, you can be the judge on how much to use the next time.
good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby afugh!! » 26 Sep 2009, 18:23

thanks Tabby I will go ahead and try that.I may have found the culprit that keeps giving me this hemmy,I've been getting this burning sensation from the nitro after I poop.I would apply aloe vera to sooth it and it works in soothing it but an hour later I would get itchy and stingy like if termites were crawling around down there biting me while they are at it.Thinking of adding some vaseline with the nitro tomorrow and see if that will stop the burning after I poop.This is the third time I got hemmy's and the last time I got one was after my second re-tear when I couldn't control the blood,at that time though I was still applying hydrocortisone for the fissure and it would usually take care of the hemmy after a couple of days but now I'm like what am I to do since I can't use hydro.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 26 Sep 2009, 20:11

Hi, so sorry about the hemmy. Hydrocortisone is alright at low doses and for less than 2 weeks. The problems with it usually occur when it's used long term so please don't be afraid of it. I'd recommend mixing the nitro with ky jelly like I do or aquaphor, that's like vaseline but a bit better. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby afugh!! » 27 Sep 2009, 00:16

Ya Suzy I got some vaseline,never knew about ky jelly and I don't feel like going back to Rite Aid again so I'm going to give nitro and vas a shot tonight just to see how I'm going to be mixing/applying it tomorrow before BM.Hopefully it should prevent the burning after BM or is back to the docs and ask for the botox.Figured I gotta fix what triggers the hemmy's because the trade off for a healing fissure for hemmy's is just ridiculous.Tried the vicks Tabby suggested and it brought quick relief but I'm kinda sketchy using again since it says on the label to not apply it on wounds even though I did my best to not get any on the fissure.I'll get over my fear of hydrocortisone and use it for a few days just to get rid of the hemmy.Not gonna use the Rx one but the otc with moisturizer and pray it does not get too itchy when using it.I'll check out ky jelly and aquaphor next time I go to Rite-Aid and thanks for the recomendation Suzy.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby gr8ness » 27 Sep 2009, 06:19

I totally agree man...it feels so counterproductive when the doctor says you are going to hinder the healing of the fissure when you try to heal the hemmhoroid. It's like you need to choose between the lesser of two evils. I just had both the LIS and had the thrombosed cut out as well weds. I can tell you that for me the thrombosed really hurt too but the major pain from that seemed to go away after about a week. It was still there but it didn't cause me too much grief. I don't know if your hemmy is thrombosed though...do you know? Sometimes thrombosed hemmies will go away on their own but in my case it didn't...the pain did subside though. For the first couple days when the hemmy was hurting real bad I used something that my CRS gave me called "Analpram" it did help with the hemmy but the fissure was still acting up. Since your fissure has been behaving though maybe you can get away with using something like that for a few days. Just try to keep bulking up on stool softeners to avoid a tear (I know...easier said than done).
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby afugh!! » 27 Sep 2009, 13:57

No my hemmy isn't thrombosed,I have no pain but more of the stinging,tingling,itchy,yucky,sticky feeling down there.I can't even tell how my fissure is doing since I'm more preoccupied with the hemmy at the moment,but my poop hole has been loose with no pain,tightness or spasming now for more than 2 weeks and best of all I've had no blood on tp for 4 weeks so I think I'm still good in that front.I pretty much surrendered to hydrocortisone last night and damn it felt like I put out a major fire in my arse and I was totally relieved.Thought I was gonna get some major itching using it but I guess that only happens when I use the Rx one.Oh well I just try not to get any on the fissure and hop it will go away sooner rather than later.Ya I added 50 more mg of colace,not for sake of re-tearing but more of not irritating my poop hole as much when I got nitro on it,well it wouldn't hurt on the tearing either.All I can do now is hope it goes away sooner rather than later.Atleast I'm on a 1 week vacation from work so I can focus more on recovery and relaxation.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 28 Sep 2009, 14:03

Btw is it bad to use nitro while you have hemmy's?The vaseline prevents it from burning too much but I still feel it and I don't know if that irritates it more.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby gr8ness » 29 Sep 2009, 07:09

I'm not too sure about Nitro since I was only prescribed Nifedipine before I had the surgery. But according to the CRS the Nifedipine wouldn't have much of a chance at healing the fissure while using hemmy meds.
He didn't want to prescribe me nitro because he said most people say the headaches are worse than the fissure and I tend to get real bad headaches in general.
But I was trying to use both the Nifedipine and the Analpram at the same time...The fissure still began the healing process I think...of course before I would retear it again.
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby afugh!! » 30 Sep 2009, 01:21

well I think I got the hemmy under control.I used a hydrocortisone for a couple of days,the vaseline mixed with nitro reduced the irritation and burning upon application and after bm and used balneol after a bm to sooth it.Whew I thought I might have had to stop the nitro and I would'nt have that as a part my arsenal and I would have to go back to the doc.I stopped using nitro at nights but its cool because I don't have any tight feeling at that time anymore.Hemmy is gone but I can feel my fissure again,weird I take that as a good thing but it feels much better.Ya the biggest side effect I got from the nitro is the burning,I never get headaches from it but 3rd day of using it my heart was racing and I felt a lil bit of shortness of breath.I suppose if your AF is really bad with a lot of tightness and spasming you would probably use more than I would and that can give you more side effects like throbbing headaches but I do believe you get use to it over time.I asked my doc for nifidipine instead of nitro but he believes nitro is more effective from his experience so I took him for it.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist