Another one

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Another one

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 29 Oct 2009, 17:29

Ok, that makes it 3 now.
My first 2 are healed up pretty good, but 5 minutes ago my new third AF bled after a BM. Funny thing is all I eat is oatmeal, and steamed vegatables and bran muffins, with 1 dose of miralax and 2 doses of benefiber daily, and to be honest my stool is soft for the most part; which is why I wonder how am I still getting af's. Image is it possible some undigested food scraped my anus on the way out? anyone heard of something like this before? I thought if i totally cut out beef, and cheese that I would get better and not worse Image
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Another one

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 29 Oct 2009, 23:57

bah, it has gotten worse. Now it hurts all the time. Well, about every 7 minutes there is a sharp very localized pain which lasts for a couple seconds then goes away. time to call my doc again.
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby suzyljank » 30 Oct 2009, 05:58

Hi, are you drinking enough liquids during the day. Fiber is great but you need liquid for it to work well. I know when I don't drink enough things tend not to be soft enough and I pay for it. I have to remind myself all the time to drink more. I tried that new veggie/ fruit juice and it's not bad so I drink a couple glassfuls of that a day too.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby derryboy » 30 Oct 2009, 14:30

i drink 3.5-4 ls of water and fresh juice aday, it was hard to grt in to a routine, but now i drink 1 L At breakie, 1 at lunch, 1L at dinner, then about 7-8 oclock drink another 1L,, it helps good, fiber alone needs water, liquid to help it move, or soften, not sure which or it mite be both
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 30 Oct 2009, 15:51

Nebelwerfer, do you have any other symptoms aside from the fissure? I know that sometimes (rarely though) inflammatory bowel disease can present with a fissure. I'm have a colonoscopy next week to get checked out because my fissure hasn't healed either and is still bleeding. When I had it visualized a few months ago, I had two fissures, not sure about now. I do have other symptoms like abdominal discomfort though. Anyway don't want to freak you out or anything but it does sound weird that you're still getting new fissures with such a restricted diet. I've been eating pretty much veggie soup and super high fiber stuff with very limited protein intake for months now too and it does reduce the level of pain I feel, but the fissure won't go away and still bleeds.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby busymom » 30 Oct 2009, 16:46

I agree with NG. I know that one of the things the CRS told me was that multiple fissures can (but not always) be a symptom of IBD, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis. Definitely mention this new one to your dr.
NG - sorry to hear it's still there and bleeding! Let us know how your colonoscopy goes. I still can't believe I'm going in for LIS next week. I was so hopeful that this one would heal like all the rest!
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 30 Oct 2009, 17:14

Hey busymom,
What day is your LIS? I'm getting the colonoscopy on Wednesday (prep) and Thursday (morning). Let us know how your LIS goes, we can have a post-procedure party :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 30 Oct 2009, 17:46

NG,
Good luck! At least you won't be constipated since you will be "cleaned out"! My colonoscopy was not bad at all-I worried that it would be a horrible experience, and I awoke asking if it was over.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 30 Oct 2009, 17:49

Frankly I hope I wake up not remembering squat and asking what year it is :) But yeah the procedure itself doesn't worry me too much since I'm drugged for that, but the prep day where I can't eat anything but broth and jello is looking pretty unappealing. My dad's 62 years old and has been putting his colonoscopy off for a while, after this at least I can go and call him a sissy Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 01 Nov 2009, 03:55

when your on nif you shouldn't be getting more fissures unless you had a particularly hard bm or straining to cause another cut.NG maybe right and you should get yourself checked out for other health issues.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19