dr's office vs OR

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

dr's office vs OR

Postby happyass » 18 Jul 2007, 14:45

for those who have had fissurectomies, LIS, fistulotomies, hemmies banded or excised, etc.......can you tell us if you had this done:
1. at a doc's office
2. totally sedated in an OR
3. use an LIS home kit
i wanna see how many have had to endure any of these simply at the doc's office and if there was more than the doc in the office with you doing these things and if you felt anything?
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: dr's office vs OR

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 15:23

Botox (July 2007):
Dr's office with one doc and one nurse. Felt two pricks, then walked out and drove home. Minimal pain, esp compared to fissure and bming. Minor complication with irritating and already existing miniroid.

Abscess drainage (Feb 2007):
OR, one suregeon, one anesthsiologist, two nurses. I had a spinal, but it was an outpatient surgery. They said they gave me stuff to make it so I wouldn't remember the surgery, I was sleepy, uncoordinated, and felt like I was on some good drugs, but I actually do remember the surgery (it didn't hurt though, probably because of the numbing shot. I could still feel and move my legs despite the spinal). Felt nothing duirng or for the first few hours after surgery because given a numbing shot. Not allowed to go home until I peed, which took 4 hrs. because of spinal and numbing. A LOT of pain the next day and for 5 months after (I would say "and counting" but the botox has helped enormously and I haven't had pain in a week).
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 15:45

I have had rubber band ligation and a hemorrhoid removed in the doctors office. The removal I thought what the heck, this needs to be done somewhere else. I really wouldn't recommend it. Though really the numbing shot hurt worse than anything. But the recovery was awful-terrible!
The bandings (RBL) did not require any numbing and only left a dull ache for a day or so. They do the bandings above the dentate line which does not have sensory nerve endings so you don't feel much except for a tug at the time. It is very quick and was not a big deal at all. I just soaked afterwards and the next day I was back to normal.

Postby happyass » 18 Jul 2007, 17:36

i must not have a dentate line because my ass has sensory nerves all over it! :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2007, 10:54

I had a fistulectomy, rbl, external hemmie, skin tags removed, they did mine outpatient, with mac anesthia, I don't remember anything, pain when I woke up ande TERRIBLE pain for the first 48 hours