Hi everyone, hope all of you are doing well!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Hi everyone, hope all of you are doing well!

Postby sidra1968 » 22 Nov 2009, 16:35

Cheryl, I don't have a special recipe unfortunately, but here's a great website with over 19,000 drinks - including many for the hot rum or "buttered" drinks, toddies, etc. Apparently there's a batter to make and refrigerate/freeze. Have fun perusing...
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5667.html
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby cherylk » 22 Nov 2009, 19:15

Thanks, Sidra! You look so cute in your avatar; I can tell you are wearing your Illini shirt. I think you might have more to cheer about after BB season starts. Image
That hot buttered rum drink sounds like it has just a few calories in it, right?? :roll: I might try to make it, however, anyway.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby sidra1968 » 22 Nov 2009, 19:25

LOTS of calories....sounds really good though.
Yes, b-ball has already started, they are 3-0 and looking good. Bears game starting now..disappointing season for them. Thanks on the pic..I took that picture last year on the deck of the cruise ship, I sport Illini clothes quite often, as you could probably guess.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 22 Nov 2009, 22:54

Sidra,
Where was your cruising destination? I just love cruises, do you??
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 23 Nov 2009, 12:56

LOL ok so Drinkin' Mate sounds like it was a raging success then!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 23 Nov 2009, 15:21

NG, I don't know if I'd say "raging" success, but I will let you know more later this week.
Cheryl, yes I love cruises - started with Carribean and Mexico ones (5 total), first one when I was not quite eighteen. Saved up all my money for the senior trip. It was on the Cunard Line, one of the best. That's the trip that got me into international travel, as it started in Venezuela. No other line has really compared class-wise, but I still like them all. Liked Royal Carribbean in my 20's and early 30's, but now I'm into the more personal, intimate international River Cruises. That pic was taken on the Nile, actually.
I do have an Alaskan one in the works for next summer though as we're gonna visit a friend in Anchorage anyway. Gonna do a land tour (either rail or motorcoach - still researching) in conjunction with the cruise. It looks gorgeous.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 23 Nov 2009, 16:02

I've not heard of the Cunard Line. You've ahead of me as I just completed my third (second to the Western Caribbean)--Roayl Caribbean line for all of my cruises. If you eve want to post some links for those lines, I'll check them out. Bad thing for me--I have a husband that doesn't get along with cruising. Good thing for me--I have several gf's that like to cruise (some don't have SO's) and a husband who is OK with me cruising w/o him! I didn't like the Alaskan cruise, but most people do. I think the Alaska land and sea combo is the way to go. During the Alaska trip we took a train ride and a small plane ride :roll: , but I prefer the WARMER climates. (probably because I/we live in the colder Midwest)
cherylk
VIP

Postby sidra1968 » 23 Nov 2009, 20:09

The Cunard line is one of the originals/classics..they owned the QE 2. Mostly older folks, but extremely high end and classy.
You're lucky you have so many friends that go with you. I prefer to travel either with my SO, or for the more exotic/international/different culture crazy places, I prefer to go with my best friend of 27 years - as it's really our passion and we are more adventurous than most. Youtube the Nevis Canyon Swing in NZ to see what we have in the hopper!!
I think I'll really like Alaska, most people rave about it. Plus, I'm actually always on the really warm side since the partial hysterectomy - AND my whole family was/is like that regardless.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist