Chronic feeling of having to go???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Chronic feeling of having to go???

Postby Marvin » 14 Jan 2010, 11:10

Well, I "went."
OMG, the last 36 hours have been close to hell. Putting it bluntly, I had way too much magnesium between the doses of the Mag Citrate and MOM that I took (and that's another story, let's just say I'm firing my CRS for if not bad, incomplete advice)--so I've had very liquid diarrhea the last 36 hours. Getting stabilized now, been 4 hours since I've had to sit, but I can feel it coming again. Needless to say that area is very raw, and any progress I made on my fissure with Nitro has reverted. I haven't even been able to sit in the bath because the warm water loosens my bum so much I had no control!
Anyway, finding a new CRS, doing a liquid diet only until my bum heals more (!) and will be VERY careful with my diet!
Marvin
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby chrishell » 14 Jan 2010, 11:53

That is horrible that your CRS did not say one or the other. I would definitely find a new CRS if they did not explain that using all of that at the same time would have an explosive or extreme results. Getting the bm under control was one of the most challenging parts. Too loose for too long and the muscle will tighten, too much fiber and the bm does not want to fit through the opening (found out the wrong way on that one).
You need to find a balance between fiber and Miralax. Plenty of water is of course a given.
If you can find a diet that is high in magnesium it will help. http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php lists magnesium in basic food. I have found knowing where the natural sources are is helping to keep the balance.
chrishell
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Marvin » 14 Jan 2010, 12:22

Thanks Chris for all your messages, and thanks for the list of foods. I looked at it briefly...is there a way to sort or filter by amount of magnesium?
Also...I had read an article/blog someplace else about how bathing in epsom salts was a great way to regulate constipation, etal., because your body would absorb the magenisum and (unlike oral consumption) would not absorb more than needed. Anyone heard anything like that?????
Marvin
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Jan 2010, 02:29

I took those soaks to relax muscles since Mg is also a muscle relaxant and I do not think my body absorbed anything LMAO !!!! No relaxation and no change in BM ; ))) !
Nice soaks though LOL - you can find some with natural oils like Lavender and Rosemary and have some aroma-therapy while soaking : ) !
It is just horrible that you got diarrhea Image Image Image - I am sooo sorry : (((. Liquid BM can do a BIG number on your poor bum Image . Try to get to soaks again as soon as possible : (.
BTW, taking Mg rich foods is very nice idea , but to be honest , to have effect of Mg on your BM you need to take a supplement or Milk of Mg Image . Just no way around it *sigh...
Hope you will be back on track very soon Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61