Patting, dabbing, anal cleanliness

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Patting, dabbing, anal cleanliness

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 15:28

Since I first started with this damn a$$ issue I knew I had to change the way in which I cleaned up after a BM, however, the first few times I wiped not realising that it made things worse Image , besides the pain, wiping hard can damage the fissure more, or at least that's the way I think!, Anyway I soon developed a much better cleaning regime which involves me getting a reasonable amount of toilet tissue and soaking it with warm water (as warm as I can tolerate down there) and patting the anus dry taking special care to remove all faeces from the area, because I learnt that any left over waste, whether just inside the rectum or at the anal verge would irritate the fissure, I imagined it having an abrasive effect rubbing against the fissure like a carpet burn Image I have even removed left over bits of faeces from within the rectum with my finger so that the area doesn't become inflamed, this probably only applies to those with fissures inside the rectum that cannot be cleaned from the outside (like me), anyway it works just as long as i'm extra careful during removal!! I've also noticed that this reduces the overall pain since there is nothing left inside the rectum to cause irritation, the whole process can take a while but well worth the outcome if you can do it, once finished I then take the mirror and have a close up inspection of the area (even inside if I can bear opening slightly) to make sure absolute cleanliness, that is my bottom cleaning regime every day, after every BM.
This may seem a bit drastic to some people but i'm sure we all have our own methods, in the end we'll do whatever it takes to keep this ugly thing at bay..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Patting, dabbing, anal cleanliness

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 18 Mar 2010, 15:37

Haha yup I think a lot of us here try to clean up as much as possible after a poo. If I'm at home I take a quick rinse in the shower whenever possible, and if I'm at work I also do the "dab with water" thing. In the beginning I also used to blow dry my anus after showering or pooping, but I've gotten lazy and don't do that anymore. I figure screw it, if it didn't help over all those months then why the hell would it suddenly start helping now.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 15:49

LOL NG, I think me and you are at the end of the line, it don't stop me trying though, I just live in hope that something, no matter how small will help this thing heal, mind you though, i've been thinking this way for a couple of years now!! Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 18 Mar 2010, 16:26

Cotton is a great alternative to TP, and many of us used/have used Balneol lotion on the cotton. TP really can be quite harsh to the butt, in my opinion. Some have used bidets.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 16:39

I use ultra soft TP (cushelle/charmin) it's the only TP that my fissure is friends with :) I also have some cotton wool balls but haven't felt the need to use these yet, ohhhhh i'd love a bidet but we don't have those in the UK
StevePain
King Fissure