i go to see the doc today--dialtizem ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: i go to see the doc today--dialtizem ?

Postby dee » 23 Mar 2010, 02:31

yeah...my husband works days but i work 7 pm to 7 am...i love the shift because i usually have a pretty slow time after midnight...thus me thinking it to be a low stress job...most people don't come to the hospital if it's late at night/early in the morning unless they REALLY need to be there...heck, i'm able to watch stuff on netflix some nights as i wait for patients that may or may not come...
i tried keeping "regular" hours on days that i wasn't working but that made switching to my work hours was too difficult...so now i stay up all night and sleep during the day when my husband is at work...
i don't plan on giving up on the fiber/stool softener/soft veggies regimen...i'm just glad i don't have to use as many pain killers...i do wish, though, that i could stop feeling the shards of glass altogether...
i'm also hoping to avoid having LIS although i'm keeping that as an option...i've learned tons from being on this message board and was able to ask my doc for things i never knew about before (like valium)--she told me to take 1/2 a 5 mg pill twice daily...i've actually taken 1/2 a pill before each bm (when i know enough in advance) so hopefully she won't get upset about that...
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: i go to see the doc today--dialtizem ?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 24 Mar 2010, 01:31

Nice that sounds like a good gig :)
Definitely give it a bit of time. Even after I started nitroglycerin and Miralax, it took a few weeks before the super painful poops went down a notch.
My CRS actually told me to take 5-10 mg of valium every 6 hours as needed because my sphincter was real tight. I didn't need that much to get some relief so I ended up taking a lower dose than she recommended and it still helped. I was probably taking around the same as you are now. Everyone is differently so frankly I'd just take whatever amount is necessary to get you relief. It's not generally intended for long term use anyhow, so I'd think that the goal at this point is to achieve enough sphincter relaxation to allow healing to get underway (or to "break the cycle of spasm") before eventually discontinuing the valium. I wouldn't worry about the doc getting upset, frankly if she doesn't understand the pain you're in and why you're so eager to get relief any way possible, then there are always other docs out there...
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion