A little help please

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

A little help please

Postby randomusernaame » 17 Apr 2010, 01:09

WARNING: very long graphic story
So here's my story. I'm a 23 year old man. About a year and a half a go I became constipated and had a bowel movement during which I felt a tearing/scraping pain in two areas. the pain persisted for a few weeks or so and got worse and worse, so I saw my doctor. He diagnosed it as a internal hemorrhoid. He told me to eat more fiber, veggies, drink more water, take docusate and use lubricating suppositories. This helped quite a bit. Problem was that every time I went off my regimen the pain would immediately return. So I'd keep to my regimen for as long as possible despite the fact I was losing weight, getting dizzy, and depressed. The dizziness, weight loss probably also had alot to do with days I spent not eating in order to avoid pain and heal quicker.
About two months ago I hit my breaking point and went to see a doctor who specialized in this area. He determined I had an anal fissure as well as a hemorrhoid. I went in on the first of this month for LIS and hemorrhoidectomy. The surgery went well. Though when I got into my hospital room to recover, I got dizzy while urinating, fell hit my head on the sink and fell ass first into a trashcan (great way to start recovery! :)). They took xrays of my head to see if I had a concussion or anything and I was fine. They let me go the next day.
The first days I had intense pain and tightness always, and especially during bowel movements. But little by little it started feeling less painful and tight. About a week or so into recovery, just when I was started to feel like i was healing disaster strikes. One night I start feeling extreme tightness, pain and pressure... I pass gas and I feel something like a tear. I hobble to bathroom and defecate a large a amount of blood. I go to the ER, wait around in agony for while, and they final tell me that sometimes the scar tissue breaks off a week into it and you bleed. So I spend night in the hospital drinking this salty water stuff and defecating literally bed pans full of blood up into the point where I pass out from exhaustion. Next morning I wake up and have multiple enemas until blood stops coming out and the liquid is completely clear. Finally they knock me out and stick a scope inside to find that it was indeed that my hemorrhoid scar had burst. I stay for a day and come back home.
Since then I've been getting progressively more constipated despite having a diet of beans, oatmeal, fiber cereal and fish. Also, I have having the sensation of needing to go poop and then having nothing but a little bit of blood and yellowish brown liquid come out. Which brings us to today (FINALLY), I have the sensation to go, no more blood comes out, no poop either, just a small amount yellowish brown liquid. I haven't had a bowel movement since Tuesday.
I'm sticking to my diet perfectly and taking stool softeners. Shouldn't something have come out by now? What's causing the feelings having to go? Is anyone else having dizziness associated with this? Please help calm my nerves until I'm able to talk to my doctor tomorrow(hopefully). I'd like to note that I'm in little to no pain sitting or walking, but feel quite a bit during these "phantom bowel movements".
Thanks for reading. And thanks to the people who created this forum, it's comforting to know others have gone through this. Thanks
randomusernaame
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: A little help please

Postby cherylk » 17 Apr 2010, 05:06

Random,
I agree this forum is wonderful; glad you found it. Do you think you could have an infection of some sort? The symptoms you are having do not sound normal to me!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby randomusernaame » 17 Apr 2010, 15:19

Yeah, I think it's possible. My doctor called me back and told me to take 4 tablespoons of milk of magnesia and to call him back if that doesn't solve the problem. Hopefully it isn't an infection. I don't even wanna know what the treatment for an infection is.
randomusernaame
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Apr 2010, 09:10

I never had the dizziness but I sure felt rather weak a day for two after the surgery, and the mepergan I was taking for pain didn't help that feeling.
Wow, four tablespoons! That should work...if you see some blood don't feel too shocked, it comes with the territory. If the discharge continues I would certainly have that checked. A certain amount right after surgery is not uncommon.
Deleted User 5

Postby randomusernaame » 18 Apr 2010, 13:12

It worked! And with no blood or discharge either. :D
randomusernaame
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 18 Apr 2010, 18:50

Oh, that's great!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby randomusernaame » 30 Apr 2010, 14:12

So I've been eating right and taking stool softeners for the past 2 weeks and they've been doing their job, yet I don't seem to being healing at all. Still in the same amount of pain, which happens to be more pain than before I had my LIS. Is that normal? I feel like getting constipated a while back really set back my healing a lot and what pisses me off is that my surgeon / doctor caused the constipation in the first place by telling me to eat whatever I wanted and like an idiot I listened to him. Is it time for me for find a new doctor?
randomusernaame
Fibre Addict