Great to know i am not alone !

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Great to know i am not alone !

Postby Snowdiva » 03 May 2010, 13:38

Hello
I have just joined the forum, but have been reading for some weeks. It had really helped.
My storey to date:
Only early this year did I develop fissures. I have been suffering from hemorrhoids for years, since my children, but always been manageble. This February we were driving to Austria and the mess was extremely uncomfortable. I assumed that the hemorroids were just getting bad and used treatments, but the mess home two weeks later was so so bad and it was then I realised that something more was going on.
The doctor confirmed by suspricians that I had AF and precribed Rectogesic Ointment. Boy! what an experience that was, each time I was left with a headache aswell as the pain from my BM.
Never have I experienced so much pain, I can only describe it as either lemon juice being run through or a knife being passed up and down !!!!
After 5 weeks I started to notice that things were getting better, carried on treating for another 3 days and then stopped.
Two weeks pain free, I nearly forgot what that felt like. My poor poor husband he is a 'saint'
I have the last few days had twangs and started treatment again but the pain is really not as bad.
What I have noticed what the first episode and this second one, was trigard by stress. I had been in hospital having some polyp bipsys taken from my bladder which were all clear, probably caused by an infection that I had in the past. This time one had been found on my cervix, this is being removed on Wednesday. But what I have noticed the stress effect my BM and seems to trigar my hemorroids and also the fissures.
I would be interested to hear if other people find that stress and BM links trigar the symtoms.
Many thanks.
Snowdiva

Topics: 1

Re: Great to know i am not alone !

Postby cherylk » 03 May 2010, 13:47

Stress is very bad for digestion and also for fissures!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Snowdiva » 03 May 2010, 13:59

Hi Cheylk
As I suspected. Any solutions? Does not help with what I am having to go through. But keeping as calm as I can !
Thanks. X
Snowdiva

Postby cherylk » 03 May 2010, 14:48

A/D's can be very helpful if you can find one that works for you. I would also highly recommend talk therapy with a professional.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 May 2010, 03:32

Hey Evelyne,
I'd personally wonder if your fissure ever really fully healed. Maybe it just got better to the point where it was asymptomatic but still there, then some stress causes some bad poops (either too hard or too soft) and bam, the fissure rears its head again. When I first got my fissure, it seemed to completely go away twice, then I got careless, and the third time it came back, it was here to stay :(
If the Rectogesic worked, I'd continue with that (the headaches should get less noticeable with time). Also, most of us fissure sufferers use stool softeners to keep poops nice and soft.
All I can say is, please don't get careless just because the pain isn't as bad as before. That's the mistake I made and how I ended up where I am now a year after I first got my fissure.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Snowdiva » 04 May 2010, 11:27

Thanks for that advice. I will certainly continue for a bit.
With regards to my BM, they tend to be on the soft side most of the time. So thats seems ok. Last couple of times have been really good. So I keep forever hopeful.
X
Snowdiva

Postby kmax1940 » 12 May 2010, 18:37

you are not alone! :)
there are so many people who struggle with fissures.
good luck!
kmax1940
Salt Bather

Topics: 15