Surgery did not work

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery did not work

Postby Fissulyna » 12 May 2010, 18:40

OH : ))) _ I am glad I saved you form that possibly causing a problem :roll: Image !!!!! Yes - even whole-grain pasta makes my poop harder - I just stay away from it altogether Image
I was thinking - if it makes MINE poop more dense (a person who never constipates) - my goodness , what it can do to a person who can constipate Image
How is your IBS lately : ))) ??? I certainly hope it is under full control !!!! Image It is very tough and hard to have condition also : ((.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 12 May 2010, 18:45

Kmax - it is only that tip is feeling extremely hard since it is formed and not mushy : (((. When anus is highly irritated and inflamed - even small things feel "big" and medium soft feels "hard". I know since I lately have some irritation going on and for 2 years I had none - so same poop - different feeling !!!
Maybe you can try Kondrumel (mineral oil) softener - it will make your poop "oily" and it will slip more easily. Just never use it with COLACE !!!!!!!!!! It can cause some cyst formation in the combo, otherwise both extremely safe separately !!!!!
OR - you might try to lubricate your anus before the BM if you can with some Vaseline or such :roll
PS: Are you avoiding all things listed above ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 12 May 2010, 18:48

My IBS is doing pretty well unless I sit for awhile (like I did last night in a meeting) and have gas (I guess) in the tummy. That has happened to me a few times lately while playing bridge or at meetings. :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby kmax1940 » 12 May 2010, 19:07

no i have not been avoiding those things...
i did not know about all that...
i am taking colace now... and metamucil...
both twice a day.
some people on here said that metamucil is not that good so i am going to swap...
i do lubricate with vaseline... but now that does not stop the bleeding either...
i will look into this mineral oil stuff you talked about.
thanks so much!!!
if i had this info a couple years ago it probably would not have gotten this bad.
kmax1940
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Postby Fissulyna » 12 May 2010, 21:36

Oh, I am so sorry :( !!!! One would expect doctors to give out printed pamphlets with "fissure diet" - wouldn't one ??? Image Image Image
Please try to avoid all of the above since no matter what softener you use - it can not "penetrate" whole poop and bring enough water - especially not to the tip which stays in the colon the longest Image . If you use alcohol or caffeine it will dehydrate your body and than colon extracts water from poop and makes it hard : (((.
Metamucil helped me after the first LIS but caused poop that was too big for my recovery after the second one, so yes- always follow your own instinct of what is right for you !!!!
Wishing you continuous and full recovery !!!! Try to be patient since 2 weeks is really to short of a time to heal after such a long period (3 years). It could be that you have a lot of scar tissue also . Did they perform any fissurectomey (refreshed the edges of a fissure so it can heal better)
???
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Worriedaboutmum » 22 Feb 2018, 02:52

Hi Fissulyna. I was wondering how you are doing now. I hope the fissure has healed and you have no further complications.
I am worried about mum. She has LIS after 3 months of chronic fissure
Been 4 weeks since surgery. Mucus discharge on the 3rd week and some bleeding again
.we are using lactulose and dulcolax , but the stool tip is hard like yours and then becomes ok.

Its such a long ordeal and I hope this discharge is normal. We are going for a 2nd opinion anyways. Does anyone else have similar experiences?
Worriedaboutmum