Dealing with the frustration...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Dealing with the frustration...

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 03 Jun 2010, 09:40

I guess I'll call her today and tell her I've tried the hyrdo cortisone for a week now and it has helped a little but I still have lots of bleeding and a little pain with each BM and ask for some diltiazem? Does that sound like I'm wording it right?
I also think it's back to the docusate sodium 100 mg at night again. Have been taking Benefiber at night but it doesn't seem to be making my stools soft enough. Is it okay to take docusate sodium and Benefiber at same time?
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Jun 2010, 09:41

Well, it certainly is not legal to order prescription drugs in the US without a prescription. Not that I care, but the feds might, you should be careful.
Deleted User 5

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 03 Jun 2010, 09:48

People do it all the time ordering from Canada and it's not illegal, there is some sort of internet loophole they haven't closed.
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 03 Jun 2010, 10:02

Is Benefiber a stool softener or any sort of just a fiber supplement? I stopped taking my docusate sodium because I started on the Benefiber but think I might need both.
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Postby Elfkin » 03 Jun 2010, 10:27

Hi
I think all of us I have felt similar frustration MJ. I found that Movicol (also known as Miralax in US?) really helped to control the condition and increase the length of time between fissures (at least at the start). This combined with Rectogesic or similar could heal your fissure.
Elfkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 03 Jun 2010, 10:30

Is Miralax like a stool softener or is it a fiber supplement? I guess my question is is it more like Metamucil or Benefiber or neither?
Is Rectogesic prescription or over the counter?
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Postby Elfkin » 03 Jun 2010, 10:34

Miralax all the info you need http://www.miralax.com/miralax/consumer/aboutmiralax.jsp
I found this to be very gentle and one sachet a day seems to keep everything on an even keel. So if you can't eat 5 veg a day and drink 2 litres of water all the time (who can?) this helps a lot.
Rectogesic is the a brand name of GTN ointment (Glyceryl trinitrate) http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001258.html
Elfkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 03 Jun 2010, 11:02

You should be able to take docusate sodium and Benefiber at the same time. Docusate sodium is a stool softener/laxative and Benefiber or Metamucil are just a fiber adders.
Miralax is a stool softener/laxative.
Rectogesic is OTC 0.2% nitoglycerin but we don't have it here in the US. Here 0.2% nitroglycerin has to be custom compounded by a compounding pharmacy.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 03 Jun 2010, 11:13

Thanks for the info, I will now start back on the docusate sodium 100mg, three pills at night, and Benefiber at night as well to try to have a soft BM in the morning at least. Lotsa water, more fiber in my diet and pray this calms down a little bit. Will call my doc today or tomorrow to ask if I should add nitro or diltiazem to the mix since hyrdo cortisone isn't doing the job.
Missing anything?
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 03 Jun 2010, 12:56

I would be very, very wary of ordering drugs over the internet. I ordered some ointment from Thailand, which did not work out well for me at all. Additionally, whether legal or not, I am not sure that drugs over the internet are monitored for safety as they are in the U.S.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46