when/why/how big/worst ever pain/best remedy?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

when/why/how big/worst ever pain/best remedy?

Postby dee » 09 Jun 2010, 05:56

i'm just curious...
1. when did your fissure develop?
2. why did it develop?
3. how big is/was your fissure?
4. how bad was your worst pain?
5. what was the best treatment for you?
for me:
1. about 13 years ago
2. the hardest and largest BM in my life
3. 2 cm X 1 cm
4. when i first got it it was excrutiating--10 on a scale of 1-10...worst pain ever--i swear i know what childbirth feels like!...then again this past fall and this spring it was up to between 6-10 depending, but it was constant and wouldn't go away...
5. pre-surgery was valium with any and all painkillers--some N-SAIDS as well as some narcotics, some extra fiber, stool softeners, a fissure-friendly diet, sitting & rocking...of these, for me, valium was the most beneficial...then i had LIS and it was the bee's knees (at least for me!)
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: when/why/how big/worst ever pain/best remedy?

Postby cherylk » 09 Jun 2010, 05:59

Best treatment plan--getting on A/D's, seeing a psychiatrist, which helped me put the whole situation into perspective, and using Diltiazem!!
Last edited by cherylk on 09 Jun 2010, 13:42, edited 4 times in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jun 2010, 12:24

Got my first fissure 3 years ago (I think - time -line is now blurry to me... which is good...I guess LOL)
Pain level 8 - I leave 10 for probably the pain most people do not experience, like torture techniques from medieval ages :roll:
Got it by forcing poop go out while muscles were not relaxed due to my aversion to public restrooms. Pushed with all my might "against the grain" and voila- fissure formed : (((.
Tried diet, Nitro, Nifedipine , combo of both , Valium.
None gave me lasting results and Nitro helped the most. Healed couple of times than had a re-tear.
Had 2 LIS surgeries. Last one 2 years ago, combined with fissurectomy and skin-tag removal (2 of them).
Second LIS did a trick for me (KTW) :luckyeyes:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Elfkin » 09 Jun 2010, 12:40

1. 5 years ago
2. I now know I had a small fissure initially which was just a bit sore. Self-diagnosed it as piles. Obviously pile treatments did nothing for it. I drank quite a lot of alchol on my birthday got dehydrated and the BM the next morning started the trouble!
3. I must say I never measured it! And no doctor has ever told me.
4. Pain is difficult to measure really because it is subjective but I would guess a 7 or 8.
5. Best treatment is hopefully the operation I had 2 weeks ago but time will tell. Movicol is an absolute life-saver (or should that be bum-saver!)
Elfkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby StevePain » 09 Jun 2010, 13:02

(1) Just over 2 years ago
(2) Constipation, straining and messed up hemmy procedure
(3) No idea how big but used to feel as wide as the grand canyon lmao
(4) Pain 10/10 definitely
(5) The best or most effective treatment to date for me is Diltiazem, although i've stopped using it due to severe irritation but it definitely stopped the pain and slackened off the sphincter, these days though i'm just using visualization techniques and positive thinking and affirmations, awaiting surgical procedure..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby fire-cracker » 09 Jun 2010, 16:29

1. March 10, 2010...so 3 months ago. I think that I have had this fissure for many years because I have had spots of blood every now and then, but never had pain or anything so I never thought anything about it...I actually thought the blood spots were from taking too many aspirin
2. "Explosive" diarrhea
3. I never asked the CRS how big it was...didn't really want to know at the time, but now I'm a little curious, but hopefully I won't have to see the CRS any time in the future
4. 9-10/10 pain
5. Soaking in the tub, changing my diet, stool softeners/fiber and definately alot of praying & positive thinking
ETA: stool softeners/fiber
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jun 2010, 16:46

Ha ha Fire - you beat me with precision LOL. Now I had to check the calendar - ok - it was mid July 2007, Kmart Bathroom, around 2 pm , Kona , Hawaii. There .... Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 09 Jun 2010, 16:59

I love Kona!!!!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby fire-cracker » 09 Jun 2010, 17:29

LOL Fissy.....I was at work when Cujo appeared, 5:00 pm, and we had to patients in rooms (I work in a Physical Therapy office), and of course I left work early because I was scared poopless. Once I got home hubby went to get me something to eat....you are not going to believe what he came home with....an italian hot sausage stromboli.....OMG...what in the world was he thinking!!! I just got home and was crying because I didn't know what was happening to me and he goes and gets me hot sausage for an a$$ that is bleeding. What a goober he is, LOL!!! We sorta knows better now though.
Oh....I have an Aunt that lives in Honolulu, Hawaii (sp??). She has lived there for at least 30 yrs. I can stay with her for free, but I am too big of a whimp to fly.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jun 2010, 17:39

Ha ha Fire , glad I made you laugh Image and I was giggling reading about the "take out" OMG - that is hilarious !!!!
DO NOT tell me you do not go to HI at alllll ??????????? Just because of the plane LOL ??? I HATE flying Image , but for HI I would swim over the Pacific just to reach them if that was humanly possible LOL Can I go to your Aunty and say that I was "you" LOL Image If you did not see her for 30 years she would never know ; )))) LMAO !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP