Bleeding butt...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding butt...

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 02 Jul 2010, 10:19

OK, this keeps happening so I wanted to see if anyone else out there has any idea what's going on.
My movements are soft, no pain, doc said 10 days ago lateral fissure is healed, 6 o'clock one still needs more time but is almost healed.
However, i still get a lot of itching back there around the hole itself. And if I wipe with any sort of pressure or even scratch lightly I get a lot of blood. It is all around the hole and up the back towards the top of my butt crack (leading towards my back). It persists no matter what I do.
My doc had suggested putting gauze back there which I have been doing, but there is a little blood on the gauze and if I press the gauze too close to the hole, I get a lot of blood and itching (bright red blood). It happened again just now, I took the gauze out and there was a little brown fecal matter on it with a smidge of blood. I put the new one in a little deeper, the itching occurred and I could feel something was irritated. Took the gauze out and there was a good amount of blood on it. Then I wiped once pretty thoroughly and the tp was covered with blood.
This isn't either fissure. One is closed and the other is too small to produce this amount of blood. Plus when I dab a good couple inches from the hole, there is blood there so it is my skin that is bleeding.
I made an appt with my CRS for Tuesday to have him look at the area. Not sure what this could be. Swollen skin? A skin tag or two? Hemorrhoids? Excema?
I just applied some triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.1% I was given by my dermatologist for something similar last year but have been hesitant to do so because the physicians assistant and the doc said to keep the area dry, but keeping it dry and using gauze is not helping at all.
Anyone had a raw, bleeding butt that wasn't their fissure? Am freaking out here. Thanks.
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Re: Bleeding butt...

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Jul 2010, 11:51

My fissure caused a lot of bleeding when it first started but never much of a raw itchy anus.
However I did have a very raw, irritated, and itchy anus when I had external hemorrhoids. Those bled as well. The fissure caused more bleeding after a BM, but the hemorrhoids bled more constantly. But external hemorrhoids should be very easy to self-diagnose: you'd feel a bump around the anus.
When I had the external hemorrhoids, I tried all sorts of different creams and liked the witch hazel ones the best. They stung a bit upon application but things felt great a few minutes later. Preparation H sells a witch hazel ointment called "Cooling Gel" (it's the blue tube).
Also, the stuff you see on the toilet paper is just blood right? No pus or mucus or anything else?
I guess it could be eczema too since that can show up just about anywhere. I've had occasional minor bouts of what my doctor thinks is eczema. Never around my anus but when it does show up, it's usually around my elbows or belly button and causes dry chafed bleeding. I use either hydrocortisone on it or mometasone if I need something stronger. I also have a tube of triamcinolone acetonide and it's a greasy ointment. Not sure if that's the same kind you've got, but if it is, it might not be so good for anal use since it seems like it would make things more moist and perhaps keep the irritation from breathing properly.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 03 Jul 2010, 12:35

I feel a very small bump, like the size of a small zit, could that be a hemorrhoid? It seems so small but it is there for sure, I just don't see how something that small could bleed so much.
Yes, there is just blood on the tp, no puss or mucus. And it happens only every other day or so. Today I wiped to check (not after a bm) to see if there was blood and there wasn't but other days it's there.
The triamcinolone acetonide is a white cream, not greasy, so I've been trying that til I go back to the CRS.
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Jul 2010, 11:09

So how'd it go at the CRS?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45