My 2nd Surgery on 8-july-2010

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

My 2nd Surgery on 8-july-2010

Postby Sany » 06 Jul 2010, 00:15

:'(
Hello All!
first of all, please do not mind if I made many mistakes in english writing. This is not my language and i tried my best to write good, so that you can understand my problem and can suggest me something best :(
I have very much pain while passing stool and this pain remains upto 12 hours after passing stool.. bleeding is very very less. I'm unable to sit, even dont take rest on bed. I feel better only if i'm stand up and walking.
This is happening since last 6 years and 5 years ago I went for surgery but i couldnt recover well and face same problem still.
few months ago i forgot that i've some problem like this. i was very well but dont know how this happen again and now i again need surgery.
1st surgery,
my surgeon that my that place is very tight so that its painful while passing stool plus it causes a fissure also and he will make it lose. It was not successful as i dont recover. the reason maybe i was a student and my exams was on my head and after 15 days i joined school for preparation.
2nd surgery,
this is also same and surgeon said he if necessary, he will fix a band/ ring there.
how much rest should i do after surgery? i'm doing job and i can get leave for 15 days.
i still have constipation :'( i dont feel to pass stool for 3-4 days. and when i go, its damn painful :'( :'( :'( and for next 12 hours in pain :'(
Please help me and suggest how can i get rid of this constipation ? I took one spoon of olive oil daily. what else to do ? :'(
Sany

Topics: 1

Re: My 2nd Surgery on 8-july-2010

Postby cherylk » 06 Jul 2010, 16:41

I would strongly suggest you start taking Miralax (Movicol in the UK) to help relieve your constipation. Also fiber supplements (Metamucil, Benefiber, and others) help many of us with constipation issues.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Jul 2010, 11:21

Hey Sany,
I agree with Cheryl, Miralax or Movicol is the best stool softener I've ever tried. If you're only pooping once every 3-4 days then it's no wonder you're in bad pain every time. That problem needs to be solved in order for things to improve, even after surgery. Seriously, if you haven't tried Movicol yet, give it a go. It takes a day or two to really see the effects but it works very nicely! Just be sure to drink a lot of water while taking it.
The first surgery you had sounds like LIS (lateral internal sphincterotomy). Do you know the name of the second surgery you're having done?
By the way your English is fine :) Where are you from? We have people from all over the world here, so welcome!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 07 Jul 2010, 15:53

Movicol/Miralax is the only way forward, you'll be constipated no more, it gets 10/10 from me, and is great for producing toothpaste like stools which is required for any kind of healing to take place..
Good Luck
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45