Anyone know?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anyone know?

Postby Runnerman » 07 Aug 2010, 15:36

If My surgeon is right handed will he cut the muscle on the left side or right side? I wonder because my post op yesterday was not done but the surgeon but the N.P. and After all this time I have pain now in my left butt cheek (down in the anus). Not alot but a little.
Runnerman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Anyone know?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Aug 2010, 16:09

The handedness of your surgeon shouldn't have any bearing on where the cut is made. That depends on the location of the fissure.
I'd wager the pain is just from the exam, which isn't unusual. After LIS, I had pain from both the fissure side (more to the left) and the LIS side (to the right). In fact I still do three months out.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 08 Aug 2010, 04:50

I'm fairly positive that my cut is on the left since I can trace all the pain back to that side of my anus, also getting pain from where the fissure used to be at the 12 0' clock position but that's because of the Fissurotomy surgery not the LIS I think..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Philber » 08 Aug 2010, 06:54

Almost all fissures (in males, especially) are at the 12:00 position, which means LIS can be done to either side. Surgeons have always generally preferred to cut on the left side of a patient, because most of them are right handed. That doesn't necessarily mean a left-handed surgeon will cut on the right side, but I suppose he might. When my surgeon drew a picture of what he was going to do for me, he showed the cut on the left side, and that is indeed where he made the incision.
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Runnerman » 08 Aug 2010, 15:25

Yah its my left butt cheek that i feel the pain in. I Think I maybe getting a scab there. It feels kinda rough, Like there is a little stick in there. Not so much pain just a stick or splinter. Probably a scab. I Think that is how my fissure felt as it was healing. Anyone else had that sensation? Not so much pain just like there was a scab or rough spot.
Runnerman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6