diltiazem seems to be working!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: diltiazem seems to be working!

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2010, 08:12

I agree Cheryl, it can wreck a persons mind for sure. I'm going to give this a little more time and if I don't see continued improvements, then I think I just need to have the surgery... I just want my life back and I'd rather be spending my time healing after surgery then on a continual roller coaster ride. I've only been on the diltiazem for almost a month so I know I need to be patient. I'm not really in any pain just a pinchy tight feeling the past couple of days during Bm's. I just hate that feeling though. It feels like it's so close to tearing when that happens and I know it wouldn't take much.

Postby StevePain » 24 Aug 2010, 08:40

The best way (for me anyway) to relax and try to control the internal sphincter is to relax in the bath for 45-50 minutes, during this time keep topping up with hot water, never let the water get cold, focus on your sphincter, you should be able to feel how relaxed it is while in the bath without trying to relax it yourself, but any sudden movement will clench that muscle back, it is then that you need to concentrate on staying relaxed, I feel it tighten slightly when getting out of the bath or sitting upright, but now I do these things really slowly with much concentration on the sphincter, it is very hard to take control of an involuntary muscle, infact it's near impossible but you can control it partially, just a bit which may be enough to give the fissure a break, don't give up, I try every day to keep that muscle in check.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 24 Aug 2010, 19:01

Steve,
I like your mood--visualizing healing in the bath!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 25 Aug 2010, 16:14

Hey cheryl, I do that every day in the bath, I also followed what you suggested about placing a hand over or near the area, I feel really positive about this kind of healing.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 25 Aug 2010, 16:41

Good going, Steve. I just bought a set of audio tapes, "The Power of Positive Thinking," for someone I know who is struggling with digestive problems. Hopefully, she doesn't already own them!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46