Feedback on CRS recommendation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Feedback on CRS recommendation

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2010, 17:37

Hey there,
I thought it was a hemm. and was actually told by the first crs that I went to that it was. He didn't see my fissure either but in his defense I didn't let him do a rectal exam. When I went to the crs who is doing my surgery, she said it's a skin tag and that happens with chronic fissures. She's removing it when she does my lis.
When it's really irritated and swells , it almost covers my whole anal area, but when it isn't swollen it's like a tag on the left side. My fissure is located near the back of my anal area to the best of my knowledge.
I know this is gross but when it's swollen, it kind of looks like a kidney bean.
The first time I noticed it was when my fissure was at it's worst and burning so bad I couldn't set down, then about 3 days later it appeared just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. I just do the sitz baths religiously when it gets inflamed and it usually gets better, but most of the time it's a big tag of skin.