2 1/2 months post LIS.....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 1/2 months post LIS.....

Postby Runnerman » 27 Sep 2010, 21:31

The pain is 99% gone. Very pleased. No spasms, No uncomfort after bowl movements and I have even started jogging a bit not alot just a bit. I do however notice that If I have a B.M. in the A.M. Later in the day time or in the Evening if I re wipe my Anus there is a bit of stool on the T.P. Sometimes as much as I had after my b.m. that a.m. Did anyone else have this? Its been this way pretty much since the surgery. I dont have any incontance just need to re wipe once again thru out the day. Anyone else?
Runnerman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: 2 1/2 months post LIS.....

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2010, 10:22

Hey RM,
I haven't had the surgery yet. Maybe some of the others will help, but that doesn't seem unusual. Some times with extra skin from a tag or hemm. can make it hard to get things clean. Maybe keep some baby wipes handy for an extra cleaning later to prevent any irritation.

Postby StevePain » 28 Sep 2010, 16:01

Hey runner, I've had that from time to time, but have recently firmed up my stools to prevent it from happening, it doesn't happen if the stools are firm it's when the stools are too loose/soft, some seems to leak slightly, it's because of the loose sphincter after LIS.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby PaulsPain » 28 Sep 2010, 20:00

Runner, I also experience this. I have drainage from a fistula that I have to deal with daily. But the days that my BM is to soft it seems that like I need to go back and wipe several times before I feel the area is clean. I don't have this issue when I have a well formed BM. So I am never sure if it leakage or maybe there is soft stool left in the anal canal that slowly leaks/gets pushed out.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4