squatting with a regular toilet

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

squatting with a regular toilet

Postby kmax1940 » 19 Oct 2010, 17:33

hello, i have read about how "squat toilets" are better for people with fissures etc....
I also see how you can get up on the seat with your feet and squat... i dont want to do that... dont want to fall or break the toilet.
does anyone know how to correctly do this while standing "over" the toilet?
the last few days I have been squatting down over the top of it... and seems to work great! but i want to make sure i have the right posture or technique.
kmax1940
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Re: squatting with a regular toilet

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Nov 2010, 19:45

You can not do it "standing" NO WAY LOL ! The whole purpose of a "squat" is to fully relax your pelvic floor and making a natural "push" without straining. If you can not make a full squat it defeats the purpose. BUT - you are already having a good results with whatever technique you are using, so just continue using it ; )
Now - I did try it and it did not make any difference for me, but we have members who found it VERY useful.
There are even products on the net that you can order that will make your "squatting experience" more secure and comfortable.
I did "climb the toilet" LOL, but I am very "limber" LMAO, so it was no problem for me at all ; ).
Hope it helps : )))) !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Bambi » 08 Nov 2010, 21:05

On Dr. Oz one day, he was talking about achieving the same effect as squatting by putting your feet up on a small stool while on the toilet. I did this for a while and it did coincide with several weeks of improvement for me. But when my fissure came back, it seemed to put a strain on the area in not a good way. But I think it could be a help to some. I used a step I had for exercise.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby joeking » 13 Nov 2022, 12:40

Nice tips thank you
joeking