Advantages of squatting to poop

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advantages of squatting to poop

Postby StevePain » 13 Oct 2010, 04:30

Seven Advantages of Squatting

(1)Makes elimination faster, easier and more complete. This helps prevent "fecal stagnation," a prime factor in colon cancer, appendicitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
(2)Protects the nerves that control the prostate, bladder and uterus from becoming stretched and damaged.
(3)Securely seals the ileocecal valve, between the colon and the small intestine. In the conventional sitting position, this valve is unsupported and often leaks during evacuation, contaminating the small intestine.
(4)Relaxes the puborectalis muscle which normally chokes the rectum in order to maintain continence.
(5)Uses the thighs to support the colon and prevent straining,chronic straining on the toilet can cause hernias, diverticulosis, and pelvic organ prolapse.
(6)A highly effective, non-invasive treatment for hemorrhoids, as shown by published clinical research.
(7)For pregnant women, squatting avoids pressure on the uterus when using the toilet. Daily squatting helps prepare one for a more natural delivery.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Advantages of squatting to poop

Postby gahgah604 » 13 Oct 2010, 04:37

Yup, works for me :)
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby cherylk » 13 Oct 2010, 04:44

Thanks for that good info, Steve!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Foodgeek » 13 Oct 2010, 06:29

This is good advice. I just got back from my honeymoon in Japan and I actually enjoyed using their squat toilets, though other people on my tour thought they were strange.
The bidets in Japan are really nice, too, and I'm thinking about getting one, since using paper can lead to irritation, over-wiping and tearing. They sure know how to treat their butts in Japan!
Foodgeek
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby StevePain » 13 Oct 2010, 07:02

Works very well for me too, I've been using the squat technique for the past year and it's definitely the best way to evacuate the bowels, the Japanese have got it right, I've read somewhere that virtually none of them suffer with ano-rectal conditions and it is down to the use of the squat toilet.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby PaulsPain » 13 Oct 2010, 14:45

I keep running across people using this technique for help with ano-rectal issues.
So do people build a platform to help facilitate this method on western toilets? My toilets all seem to be the tall variety so I would think it would be hard to squat over them. Just curious what people do.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby StevePain » 14 Oct 2010, 03:43

Paul, you can squat anywhere in the bathroom, I have done it in the bath (gross I know), alternatively do it in a potty or line the floor with TP and do it there, I agree it's quite hard to squat on a toilet that hasn't got a platform, so we have to use other ways, sometimes I wish I lived in Japan where the squat toilet is everywhere.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby kmax1940 » 19 Oct 2010, 17:35

oops... i did not see this post here... i posted a new thread asking about squatting techniques....
i searched the forum for "squat"... but this one did not come up...
sorry to double post.
kmax1940
Salt Bather

Topics: 15