Fistulectomy on Monday

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fistulectomy on Monday

Postby afugh!! » 30 Oct 2010, 02:01

First I thought I was going to have a fistulotomy but I found out I'm going to have a fistulectomy.I know there isn't a lot of members here who have undergone a fistula surgery so I will post my experience.I've been through a major surgery before when I was shot in the neck about 13 yrs.ago but atleast I was in a colma for a week so I atleast got past the first week of post-op pain.Recovery from that was pretty horrible but but atleast my wound was stapled and my bm wasn't a part of it so I'm pretty nervous on how this recovery is going to go especially since my condition has gotten worse.Wish me luck and I will post as soon as I'm able too.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Fistulectomy on Monday

Postby cherylk » 30 Oct 2010, 07:44

Good luck, Jeff!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 30 Oct 2010, 11:04

Good Luck Jeff!
Take your pain meds, keep that stool soft and I can assure you that you will feel much better once the infection is cleared up and lifes going to get a lot better.
I know what you mean about other surgery's though, it's just not the same as anal surgery. I felt the same way and was pleasantly surprised with how much easier it was, more than I ever expected.... Keep up the hot baths, stool softeners, soft foods and plenty of rest and you will be so happy you did this.

Postby StevePain » 30 Oct 2010, 15:16

Best of luck Jeff, I know that particular type of surgery is intricate, not sure about the post-op though, stay positive and look forward to kicking this thing in the butt, time is a great healer, I will be interested on the outcome.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 31 Oct 2010, 01:02

When I think of the crap I've been through this week alone my nervousness goes down and I can't wait to get rid of this.I'm prepared and got all the essentials(I think)I'm going to need for the recovery and I'm ready.Thanks for the support everyone.And Cheryl I love your avy,pumkin pie is my fav. and thats one stool I would love to eat :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 31 Oct 2010, 06:09

Thanks, Jeff. I "saved" it from a Halloween greeting to myself (I think). Hope it doesn't turn people away from eating pumpkin pie!!!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 01 Nov 2010, 15:53

Lol I think the pumkin straining makes the perfect pie. :D
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?