advice please again...........

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

advice please again...........

Postby New mum » 20 Nov 2010, 19:24

Has anyone had problems with gas after lis, I am putting it down to fiber sups and movical. In the morning I am fine but afternoon and evening look out hahaha, I am not normally a gases person. As of today I have stopped movicol hoping I will stop going to the loo so much and my stools are soft so the fibre might be enough. I feel like I am living in the bath coz I jump in after each bm.
Does anyone think it would help with my gas if I spilt my mom up from twice a day to 3 small amounts a day???
Its day 6 and I still cant really control my gas, is this going to get better?
Thanks again
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: advice please again...........

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2010, 21:47

Hey New mum,
By "MOM" are you talking about Milk of Magnesia? If you are taking that with miralax , then I can see why the stools may be to soft and frequent. What fiber supplement do you take?
The gas control will get better. I'm almost 5 weeks and I can control it now. I'm not sure exactly when that happened but I do remember not being able to control it for sure at day 6. It took awhile though. I'd say a few weeks, and there are still times one will slip out which was never a problem for me before LIS. I never understood how people accidently passed gas. I never did in my life, but I actually enjoyed it after my surgery because it was so painful to pass gas before with my fissure! Lol

Re: advice please again...........

Postby New mum » 20 Nov 2010, 22:19

oh i mean Metamucil!
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?