I'm scheduling LIS for next week, thank you all

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I'm scheduling LIS for next week, thank you all

Postby Cagirl » 26 Nov 2010, 11:41

So I did it. I broke down this morning and called my surgeon and he answered the phone!!! He was in over the holiday weekend doing paperwork, so he says they will call back Monday for a date of Thursday or Friday the 2nd or 3rd of next week. I was in such excruciating pain yesterday, I just couldn't stand it anymore and after reading everyone's posts, I'm gonna go for it. And hopefully *recover* before Christmas and not get worse as I seem to be doing now.
I'll just have to arrange rides for my kids to and from school for the next 2 or 3 weeks, I guess. I've tried retraining my bowels, but it just seems to loooove the morning poop!
I know it's just twilight surgery with a local, so I'm not stressed about that at all (I actually was a nurse for many years) but the recovery is what worries me, I don't want an infection of course or to be in horendous pain, but I guess I am anyway. At least with that pain, I'll be "recovering".
And gas isn't something I'm looking forward to especially with my inlaws here, but I guess that's how it goes. Maybe.
One more question: so how long until I can drive??? This is the million dollar question, I need to get my kids to school and back.
Any more post op suggestions????
THANK YOU all!!!!!!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: I'm scheduling LIS for next week, thank you all

Postby PaulsPain » 26 Nov 2010, 15:36

Cagirl-
I hope your surgery goes well. The main hope after surgery is for instant relief of spasms - the all relentless pain. If you get relief from the spasm then the pain is more of a soreness after surgery. In my case, I didn't get relief from the spasm which made my recovery a little more rough waiting for the muscle to simmer down.
For driving - I think everybody is different for down time after surgery. I have had two surgeries this year - LIS and lots of other cutting in Jan and abscess draining/fistula in Sept. Both were done on a Friday. I was back at work sitting at my desk the following Tuesday. I was able to control the pain with 2 Advil every 4 or so hours. If you are taking the narcotics prescribed then driving is probably not a good idea.
Everybody has differing experiences - good and bad. That is what is so wonderful about this site is you get a synopsis of what *might* be your experience.
Best of luck.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby sphinctersaurus » 26 Nov 2010, 17:26

Good Luck !!!!
I've made the same call myself. Let us know how things go. I'm sure it will all go perfectly and you'll be back to normality before you know it! :)
Wishing you a loose sphincter and a speedy recovery.
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 26 Nov 2010, 17:37

I waited two weeks before I drove. I just arranged for other family members to drive my little girl. I may have been able to do it sooner, but just didn't want to...
Good Luck to you Both on your surgery! It's really nothing. I'm so glad I did it. I'm almost 6 weeks and it feels like nothing ever happened. I'm so glad I had this surgery! I regret not having it sooner. It's so crazy how scary you think this surgery is until you have it...lol