5 hours post LIS, here's my trip report

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 5 hours post LIS, here's my trip report

Postby Bambi » 05 Dec 2010, 22:18

Oh Cagirl- That is way too many things going on for you guys! I can relate in several ways- my DH is a cancer survivor as well and in the midst of all my current drama, we had a scare that he might have a recurrence. Thankfully, that wasn't the case, but now he's back on 6 month checks rather than once a year. And my parents are unfortunately both gone now, but both had their cancer battles during the later years of their lives. My only daughter is a young married woman who lives nearby. I understand completely wanting to not miss anything during those younger years. I will be praying for you and your family and sending positive thoughts your way. It is a very good thing that you have gone ahead and had the LIS so you can get on with your life. There are so many success stories that I find encouraging as I probably will be in your post-surgery shoes sooner or later, I suspect! Take good care.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby New mum » 06 Dec 2010, 03:27

The pressure went away about 5 days ago so had it for just over 2wks. It felt like i needed to go to the loo all the time. I do sometimes get a bit of pressure at night but nothing like a wk ago.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Cagirl » 06 Dec 2010, 08:33

Thank you all for comiserating. This sure does take a mental toll!
Thank you Dawn for all of the great timelines so that I know when to do and not to do. I would loooove to go see the malls all decked out for Christmas, but maybe not until the 22nd or so and just for a half hour. I'm trying to get past my daughter's Christmas program in 9 days. That just involves 2 hours of sitting. But I sure know after my son's field trip, and that was witha full blown fissure, well, need I say more????
Bambi - I'm so sorry for all you've been through too. DH's mom passed away when he was in college, so he just has his dad left. How is your dh now? My dh's lab work is always abnormal, but we just keep on keepin on, nobody seems to be able to figure it out. We consult with the guru of all this, Lance Armstrong's doctor in Indiana.
Funny thing about the emails, lol. I always ask in anesthesia, "hey are you giving me versed?" Just to make sure I shut up and not say anything bizarre to anyone in the OR. My gynie did a procedure on me and our kids were in the same preschool class, if that wasn't awkward which became more awkward after she talked to me while on versed! LOL!
Newmum - how are you getting along with your daughter?
Thank you all again. You all have been such a tremendous encouragement!
Thank goodness my sitter is coming in a while. My 3 year old is in her terrible 2's.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby New mum » 06 Dec 2010, 17:31

Hey cagirl,
I am doing ok she is 9months and my hubby went and bought her new toys so when i need a rest i rest and she plays with her new toys hahaha this has been a expensive surgery. I also put her in the high chair and take her to the bath. Oh and feed her breaky in there 2. Multitasking hahaha
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bambi » 06 Dec 2010, 19:48

Wow- you guys are amazing! I don't know what I would have done in your shoes with a little one- I guess we all do what we have to do, don't we? You are very resourceful!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby New mum » 06 Dec 2010, 20:20

I have gotta say Bambi, its been kinda good because mine happened from having my daughter so i just keep telling myself its worth it. and now i just get on with things and i dont have time to feel sorry for myself.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bambi » 06 Dec 2010, 23:45

I can imagine what you mean because really anything to me would be worth having my daughter in my life.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Dec 2010, 00:34

Hey Cagirl, sorry about the age mixup haha. And hey, eating prunes is an ageless ritual when you're on an anal fissure forum Image
BTW I had pressure feelings after LIS too. My feelings in the early days were all kind of dull, soreness, pressure type of sensations. Later on, a few weeks out, they changed to more sharp "twinges" or shooting sensations. Eventually all that subsided, but it definitely felt like there was some kind of circus in my butt for a while. I've seen different patterns of pain and just overall odd sensations reported by most folks following fissure surgery, so don't be surprised if you feel some unusual stuff :) If you ever stumble on my old threads, you'll see that I was in here about every 30 seconds with a "hey guys is this normal?" question!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bambi » 07 Dec 2010, 14:21

" some kind of circus in my butt"- LOL and things you never thought you'd be saying!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist