neally 4 weeks post lis

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

neally 4 weeks post lis

Postby New mum » 11 Dec 2010, 01:58

I am neally 4 days post lis and sorry to winge but i thought i would feel a lot better then i am. I cant walk around longer then 1hr before i get a bit of pain and i still get sharp shooting pain every now and again. I still have a few baths a day.
I dont see my crs till i am 8 wks post, i did make an appointment with my gp weeks ago thinking i should see someone at 4 weeks to see how things are going. Is that a good idea i dont know if she can give me an update on if i am healing or not?
I am a bit bumed that christmas is soon and i am going away and may not be up to a lot. Sorry to winge
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: neally 4 weeks post lis

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Dec 2010, 03:58

Hey Mum, it's not a bad idea to see your GP. They may be able to provide some peace of mind. To be honest, though, they may not be able to give you a surefire answer as to how things are progressing since they weren't the one that made the incision. The GP could probably make an educated guess, but only the surgeon that did it would know best. Maybe you can bump up your CRS appointment to be earlier? When I was worried about anything after LIS, my surgeon was always able to squeeze me in on the same day or the next day.
It's not unusual for some people to still be fairly uncomfortable 1 month after LIS. A lot of people are fine and dandy by then but many aren't, either. I know at least I and StevePain were still pretty limited at that time. The sharp shooting pains lasted a while for me, but they were the last type of pain I experienced before everything finally started to settle down, so maybe you'll have the same pattern. It does suck that you may still be a bit out of it during Christmas, but look at the bright side: next year you'll have everything under control and be able to start anew!
I still try to soak my rear in a few baths a day, by the way. I got used to it after LIS and it just feels kind of nice. So don't worry about those, they promote healing and are just pleasant in general :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby New mum » 11 Dec 2010, 14:55

Thanks ng!
My crs is taking holidays, how dare him take holidays at christmas hahaha. I am just getting over this as u would all know it just drags on forever and i just want to get on with things.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cagirl » 11 Dec 2010, 21:05

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so well yet. Are you ok while sitting or is it walking around only? I'm not sure that at this point I could walk or stand for an hour either, I think I'm at around 20 minutes, but I'm 9 days out.
What about taking something over the counter for pain while on your trip?
Hopefully your GP may have a suggestion, or at least for your trip.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby New mum » 11 Dec 2010, 22:40

I do sit and its pretty good. i have like a pinching pain now i think thats because i done the house work this morning. I am not really taking any pain meds, on my trip i hope just panadol i have tryed not to take anything stronger.
I have a week and 1/2 let till we leave so i am hopeing that i will feel a bit better by then.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cagirl » 13 Dec 2010, 10:46

Now you know we shouldn't be doing any housework ;P I have avoided it like the plague especially vacuuming rugs which is more exerting on the rear. I haven't done any lifting, straining, or really direct sitting on "it". No cooking really either.
I'm milking this for all it's worth. Image
A week and a half is a long time in the AF world, I've come so far. I'm sure you will too!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9