Swelling after LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Swelling after LIS?

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2010, 20:44

Thanks NG,
I'm calling the CRS tomorrow. Hopefully she can take a look at it soon.
I'm just hoping this one doesn't grow as big as the other one did or I will most likely have to have it removed.Gosh my butt was rockin for awhile...When I applied my vaseline , it felt normal... This thing just came out of no where!
I appreciate your help:) & calming me down. We need a slap in the face icon or a bucket of cold water...

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Dec 2010, 01:05

Hey I think you now officially own the phrase "my butt was rockin" LOL!!! In all seriousness, I think you're going to be fine. Worst case is you'll have yet another skin tag to deal with, which would be a bummer, obviously, but a lot of us sport them (if mine sticks around a bit longer I'm going to have to give him a name) and hey at least it's not a fissure or a fistula or infection right? You'll be A-OK. Hopefully your CRS can see you soon to totally set your mind at ease, of course :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby happyass » 15 Dec 2010, 08:20

hi dawn,
hang in there!
i will be keeping an eye on your posts as you also had skin tag removal.
not too crazy about having my skin tag removed but i think mine freaks me out with it becoming something malicious later. plus it really seems that the area surrounding it is the most tender and the easiest irritated. with it growing, and on days it filled up like a shopping bag during a shopping spree gone wild to some days it feeling as empty as my wallet after paying all my bills, its undependable shape, size, and temperment really have had me spooked there.
now that i know it is just a skin tag, i am relieved.
the CRS didn't even bother to ask me if i wanted it removed but simply just said that she would remove it during LIS and removal of what appears to be some small, flat questionable wart.
NT, i already named my skin tag 2 years ago: Laverne and Shirley. Laverne when it's badly behaving and Shirley when it's happy.
I am hoping for you Dawn that your body is not creating another skin tag but that it simply is a way for your body to deal with the inflammation or healing process and that it too will resolve.
Keeping hope up for you!
Keep us posted.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby StevePain » 15 Dec 2010, 08:49

Skin tags can indeed grow back, I've had some removed from elsewhere on my body and they've grown back over time
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 15 Dec 2010, 09:27

Thanks Happy,
I'm sure hoping it goes away or at the least doesn't grow bigger. It's pretty small right now. Just not something I expected after having it removed. I'm still waiting on the crs office to call me back.
I wasn't looking forward to having it removed either. My crs just said she was going too and I asked if I had too and she said no but it would probably cause me problems later, so I went for it.
I just want you to know that having it removed wasn't as bad as fissure pain. Just pretty sore but nothing unbearable. The soreness got better each week and by week 6 was gone. It really wasn't that bad.
I'm just freaking out about the new one though! Image
Hey Steve, that sucks,Lol
I'm hoping to get some answers today if they call me back... I really wish they would tell us these things before hand so that it's not such a shock, but I think if I had to do it all over again- I would have still had it removed. If I have to get this one removed, I will. I just want to know what are the chances of another one coming back after that?! Hopefully it will just get better w/ time and will be something I can live with. I'm just not too crazy about getting so much surgery down there. Doesn't seem right.

Postby Cagirl » 15 Dec 2010, 10:13

Oh Dawn, I'm sorry you're dealing with this and right now with other family issues. When it rains it pours, huh.
Hang in there, and hopefully you're mind will be put at ease asap!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 15 Dec 2010, 12:14

Thanks Cagirl,
Yeah, your right "when it rains it pours".... I hope my daughter just has some irritation going on and is a little backed up. I've gave her some stool softeners but if things don't get moving soon, then I'm going to give her something stronger. I think we all are gun shy in this house after my fissure. Maybe we're freaking out over nothing.
I talked to the crs this morning and I have an appointment for the 29th. The assistant I talked to seemed to think it's scar tissue from the way the skin tag removal healed... I'm thinking Not because it swells, but I will feel more comfortable once the crs has seen it. I think I could have been seen sooner but since I'm not in any pain, it'll be a couple of weeks. I have stretched the truth on my pain level w/ them before just to be seen faster...
BTW, It's great to see how well your recovery's going!:)
Thanks again,
Dawn