Anyone had an advancement flap surgical procedure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anyone had an advancement flap surgical procedure?

Postby happyass » 20 Dec 2010, 21:59

hugs 2 u split! hang in there.
dawn, thank u for listing these posts and helping out split! that was very nice.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2010, 03:55

Hi Dawn, thanks for the links. Image Its good to read them, makes you realise your'e not 'the only one' and all the worrying things that occur are normal (omg, did I just type out loud that these things are normal!!).
Thanks Happyass, support always well received, ta. Image
Well I have just got back from the CRS this morning and he's pleased with how its going. The flap is healing/healed and the are a few stitches that have caused holes but should heal okay. Thankfully those are not near the actual flap. I still get stabs of pain, blood, discharge etc but as long as its headed in the right direction I can deal with those. Just got to keep on taking it easy and keeping it ultra clean down there I guess.
Does anyone have a suggestion for suitable wet wipes? Only for those emergency BM's when not at home or do you 'old hands' know of an alternative? A whoopy-cushion filled with warm water maybe?!! (just kiddin Image).

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2010, 09:47

Hey split,
I usually go like clock work in the morning here at home, but since LIS , I have some mild leakage after a bm and need to clean up some during the day. When I'm out I usually take cotton in a ziploc in my purse to dampen with warm water. I go to the handicap restroom with the private sink, I also have fragrance free baby wipes( the newborn, sensitive), I sometimes just rinse them with warm water and dab. They use to give you a water bottle that you could fill with warm water and squirt at your bottom after having babies. That would probably work pretty good if you could get your hands on something like that. I'm not sure what they're called though?!
From what I've read, you had a pretty painful and much more complicated procedure than LIS...I imagine it will take some time to heal and all that you are experiencing is part of it:) All the worrying is definitely normal in my opinion,Lol

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2010, 14:09

Earlier today a nurse suggested exactly that, baby wipes. At least they can go in a pocket so a little bit discrete. The bottle sounds good too but I can foresee a mis-aim and creating a flood! Maybe there is something on the interweb.
Just a quick update from this morning. My CRS had a good look and is happy with progress. There is no further split/hole but is some skin around the flap that is a little inflamed. He said this will calm down. The stitch 'holes' left behind are still to heal and are weeping some goo of varying colour. This will stop in time, maybe a bit of pain along the way of course but manageable. So continued care, rest, salty baths, laxatives and a handful of pain-killers are in order. So all in all best news I could have expected.

Postby Guest » 26 Dec 2010, 06:06

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone has any of these products for those travel moments. I've just ordered one, coming from the states so not sure how long it will take but will report on it effectiveness. Anyway link below
http://www.sanicare.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=portable

Postby Guest » 01 Jan 2011, 04:59

Not exactly what I'd hoped for in the new year but the bleeding has returned with BM's and a feeling of a lump/restriction. Its now 7.5 weeks post op. Anyone else experienced this post op?

Postby Guest » 01 Jan 2011, 22:10

Hey there,
I haven't had bleeding since the week I had LIS but I've read of many others who did sometime after. I had a mini looking skin tag develop but never really got big and just kind of went away.
The only thing that would concern me with a lump would be infection. I'm not sure if you would be out of the woods with being seven weeks post-op or not?!
Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will give you better information.
Take care:)
Dawn

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2011, 02:42

Hi Dawn
I don't think theres an infection, not yet anyway! I am being extra careful at the moment so hopefully it will simply clear up like yours. Thanks for the reply though.

Postby Bambi » 02 Jan 2011, 15:32

Hi Split-
Glad to hear that your CRS felt things were going well, even though it sounds like you are still having some healing to do. I live in the states, but what I use are wipes that are called Cottenelle that are found on the toilet paper aisle. They make smaller, travel sized ones that are with the other small shampoos and things like that. They fit nicely in a purse and are not very big- very thin and about 3 inches by 6 inches long. I used these before the AF. There are also the wipes meant more for hems that have witch hazel and do a nice job of cleaning as well. Here they have the very small and discrete ones that are wrapped individually- they are marketed as Tucks wipes here or there are some other types as well. Since the AF, I have a very tiny plastic container that originally contained ear plugs for the airplane. I washed that out and put vaseline in it and keep that and a couple of the Tucks individual wipes in my pocket pretty much all the time. In case I have something sudden happen and don't have my purse with me. Maybe something like that could help?
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2011, 15:51

Hey thanks Bambi, I'll have a look to see what is available over here. I've had my personal pot of vaseline for a while but haven't found any suitable wipes to carry as yet. Cheers.