Nothing working! Bad stress.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Nothing working! Bad stress.

Postby Ryan31 » 21 Dec 2010, 18:18

Hello,
For almost 10 years I've had an anal fissure. 10 years ago I had bad blood streaked stools, got a colonscopy and came back ok. Finally went away until about a year ago.
This time I went to a colon-rectal surgen who said he didn't see an AF or anything else exce, 2 weeks and then back again each time). I eat lots of fiber and drink plenty of water, but now the AF seems to be getting worse.
Biggest problem, is the first part of my stool is VERY hard and dry and then the rest is completely fine. NO matter what I do, the stool is very hard at the begging.
Thinking of trying Miralax, but this seems to be only a 7 day fix.
I really don't care about the pain of an AF, it's more the blood. I have had some pretty good blood streaking before and even bleeding a little after a bowel movement and scares the crap out of me. Then other times, I have bad pain and no blood, I really can't figure out the rhyme or reason to this.
I suffer from anxiety and stress issues, so my stools are always different which I think is a big part of the problem.
Glad to find this forum though, thanks!
Last edited by Ryan31 on 21 Dec 2010, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan31
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Nothing working! Bad stress.

Postby cherylk » 21 Dec 2010, 18:24

Try seeing a psychiatrist (to help with anxiety and stress), meditating, getting on an A/D, and using Miralax to keep things soft. Good luck.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Ryan31 » 21 Dec 2010, 18:29

Do any of you take Miralax for more than 7 days?
Also, I have read numerous places that blood from an Anal fissure is "just a few drops" I've had at times where 1/3 of the stool is blood streaked, not completely solid blood, but spread out over that wide of an area. And also had where it bleeds a little after sometimes.
Anyone else experience this?? If it was just a few drops of blood, I could careless, it's the blood that's at times more than this that freaks me out.
I've been checked out by doctor(s) and told nothing serious found. Also was told I was too young for hemorrids at 31 :roll: and that there wasn't an anal fissure, just skin tag. I am 99.9% sure I have an anal fissure!
Ryan31
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby cherylk » 21 Dec 2010, 18:32

Many of us have been taking Miralax indefinitely (forever). My Mayo GI doc told me I will have to take it for the rest of my life, and I believe him. Babies take Miralax. If it were so bad, doctors wouldn't give it to them. I had hemrroids in my 20's. Internal hemroids can bleed.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46