5 weeks and dont feel to well???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

5 weeks and dont feel to well???

Postby New mum » 21 Dec 2010, 22:38

I know i might just be having a few bad days but i just dont feel like i am getting any better.
I am getting spasms and its still Uncomfortable to have a bm sometimes it does not hurt, i also get a bit of itching, pinching and burning feelings at times. i still cant sit on hard seats but i am fine on the couch and stuff and still cant walk for to long.
I still have 2-3 baths a day and take it easy (but i do lift my 10month daughter all day) still on my fibre and eating very well.
I really cant stop thinking the lis has not worked. I feel worse then i did the weeks before the lis. I am not in any really pain but i am just really over it and want to heal. 5 weeks on i thought i would be neally 100% by now!
Thanks for listening i think i am more worried because i am going to see the family tomorrow and its a 4hr drive and there will be 15 living in a 1 bathroom house for 4 days! nice........ not......... :(
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: 5 weeks and dont feel to well???

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Dec 2010, 23:18

Hey new mum, I think I felt about where you are after 5 weeks as well. It was around that time when I began to be able to sit on the couch for more than a few minutes without painkillers. I didn't have what I would call spasms, but I did have a good deal of stinging and sharp shooting pains, not to mention a raw irritated feeling (probably from the discharge). It's a long process but you'll get there.
I agree that the 1 bathroom with a bunch of people probably isn't ideal, but I'm sure you'll manage :) Hopefully you can recline your seat during the drive and make yourself comfortable. Don't stress too much (try not to anyway) and hope you can get some enjoyment out of your upcoming family time.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2010, 00:44

Hey Newmum,
sorry you aren't feeling you're where you need to be yet. If there's one thing I've learned from lis and my fissure, it is patience. We can't force these things to move along as fast as we would like. It sucks!
Have you talked to your crs about feeling spasms still? Has this been going on since your surgery?
Five weeks really isn't that long with this kind of surgery though, so don't get discouraged. I am 2 months out and even though I feel much better than before LIS, I still don't feel 100%. I still get irritation when walking too much and it still doesn't feel as if nothing ever happened down there. There's no shards of glass or fissure feeling at all for me but it still doesn't feel like before I ever had a fissure or LIS. I'm just being patient and grateful that I'm not in the pain that I was. The irritation is the most aggravating thing about this though. I'm hopeful that the leakage will disappear soon and that will be the end of the irritation.
Just don't be discouraged, it may take awhile but you will get there. Keep up the good eating habits and baths:)
Take a pillow for your long ride and try to shift and not sit directly on your butt for long periods.
The one thing that really would concern me is still having spasms at 5 weeks. I wish you could get some valium. It really did end my spasms fast.
Take care,
Dawn

Postby New mum » 22 Dec 2010, 03:29

thanks ng and dawn,
my crs is still on holidays so i cant see him till he gets back. I feel like i am slowly going backwards. or maybe i am trying to do to much.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby happyass » 22 Dec 2010, 20:31

hi new mum,
i am sorry you are in a rut of doubt.
doubt about your progress or having feelings that you are regressing.
maybe you do need to take it even slower. i am not sure what your daily activities are on a daily basis but something seems to be telling you that you are not feeling where you think you should be.
i hope you can break the cycle of feeling like you are going backwards or you can easily convince yourself of such and you won't be helping your progress much.
do you have stitches in?
i can tell you that you should not expect to be 100% at this point - even though it's where we all want to be NOW.
the first six to eight weeks are all about healing the area, where inflammation, odd pains, drainage, leakage, irritation, pain upon bm - they are all part of the course. i certainly wouldn't expect for that all to be gone in 1 or 2 months but hopefully there is a pattern that things are getting better.
i am wondering if you can contact a regular doctor for the valium instead since you seem to be working yourself in a state of anxiety - or at least that is what you can tell them and hopefully, you can get it. i would suspect that perhaps a more innocent medication, such as atarax (hydroxizine) could also help in reducing anxiety here.
i certainly wouldn't want you to mentally work yourself over with negative thoughts sweetie. you'll have to put that in check and send positive thoughts to yourself.
treat yourself to self-massages, distract your mind with a good book or DVD or game, enjoy a delicious vegetarian meal, have someone give you some unwinding, mindblowing foot massage, etc.
you have come a long way through LIS.
the holidays also add on stress.
mind your stress and reduce it.
i am going to pray for you tonight to have some little angel help you along the way and help you think positive thoughts.
you are going to heal.
you are.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74