Surgery that requires pain medication and anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Surgery that requires pain medication and anal fissure

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2007, 11:17

Hsa anyone been through a surgery were they had to take 1-2 weeks of serious pain medication while having there anal fissure? If so, how did you make out? What did you do to combat constipation and retearing your fissure?
I may have to have spine surgery on a disc or two and have been wondering how I will be able to manage my anal fissure during the administration of all that constipating pain meds.
Thanks.

Re: Surgery that requires pain medication and anal fissure

Postby happyass » 07 Aug 2007, 12:07

well chris, i would think you would want to make sure you have lots of fiber goods to eat - if you can eat at all.
is there a discussion you can have with your doctor prior to the surgery to see what he/she has to say/advise in order to prepare - ie, maybe they can give you some extra meds to counteract the constipation, etc.
lecia may have some more additional recommendations herself.
please let us know if you are going to have surgery on your spine so we can begin some prayers for you and your family.
take care,
gareth
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2007, 16:09

When I had surgery I asked for non-narcotics like Toradol for post-op use which helped me get back on track faster.
I also used milk of magnesia and magnesium glycinate too and that helped to keep things soft.
Sorry to hear about the spinal surgery. Please let us know what is going on.

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2007, 16:54

Thanks Gareth and Lecia,
I do plan to consult my CRS for advise. I really think that if I do need disc surgery (to be more specific) I will probably need LIS sometime after that. I'll keep ou guys posted. I've been searching the internet for more personal accounts....I can't be the first person to get disc surgery with an anal fissure.

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2007, 21:36

Hi!
I'll tell you what a home health nurse told my mother before she had hip replacement surgery.
She said to start taking stool softeners a few days before surgery. I guess it's like a preemptive strike.
Wishing you good luck.