Skin tag or fissure really acting up today!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Skin tag or fissure really acting up today!

Postby Bambi » 01 Jan 2011, 16:26

So of course the other day I was wondering if I should even do the second round of botox on Tuesday and now today, things are flared up. It hurt a little this morning (the minor shards of glass thing- maybe a 3-4 out of 10) and then a little while ago when I peed, it hurt a little at the site and when I wiped there was a little pink and then bright red blood. So I climbed in the bathtub and it stung right around the skin tag area- more on the outside. Has anyone else had a skin tag that resolved and did it go through a bleeding phase before it finally went away? I am confused as to how this going away of the skin tag happens. And I'm back to the being terrifed of the next bowel movement thing. Not the way I wanted the year to begin but I am still trying to stay hopeful. Any thoughts? Image Image Image
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Skin tag or fissure really acting up today!

Postby PaulsPain » 01 Jan 2011, 17:08

Where you told the skin tag would go away? Just curious. I have been under the assumption the only way to get rid of it is to have it removed.
I had one for a long time - years..... If I had several BM in a day it would get swollen, irritated, and cause pain. When it was irritated is would bleed a little.

During my LIS surgery my CRS removed it. I was so happy to get rid of it.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Bambi » 02 Jan 2011, 01:06

My CRS has referred twice to the fact that when the fissure goes away, it should also go away. He did say that if it didn't, it could be removed in the office which alarmed me. When I saw him about a week ago, he once again referenced that it is directly tied to the fissure and would probably go away once it healed. I will see him again for a second round of botox on Tuesday and plan to ask him again. He didn't seem to think it was that big or that big of a deal, but days like yesterday and today are like what you describe and they are a big deal to me! I would like to have it gone as well. But maybe I just have reopened my fissure more today- I had another BM about an hour ago and it definitely hurt- although it still seems like the irritation is more just around the tag itself.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2011, 07:15

Skins tags are painful, especially when they become large and inflamed. I had mine for several years, treating it as a hem. By the time it was diagnosed by the CRS as 'just a skin tag' I was in pain daily and couldn't wait to be rid of my irritating little friend. If he offers again I would say yes to be rid of it, at least its removing one source of pain. I think you have to experience a skin tag down there to fully appreciate what they are like. Hope it improves for you.

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2011, 22:42

Bambi,
I'm so glad I had mine removed. If you decide to get yours removed, ask a lot of questions before you let them do it in the office. I'd rather be put to sleep than shots being put in down there that I can feel Image
I just get nervous about the in office procedures after my CRS's office (PA) told me that it would be very painful if they did my LIS/Skin tag removal w in the office, Plus I've read other threads on here where that was done and it didn't seem very pleasant.
Take care, hope you feel better soon!