I feel like I'm being punished

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I feel like I'm being punished

Postby frustrated » 07 Jan 2011, 15:52

I feel like I'm being punished for something I did in another life. I have had my fissure for 4 months now and, whenever I feel like it is almost gone, it reappears. I am losing my mind with the pain and frustration.
I've tried the diltiazem,the Dr Wheatgrass cream, use miralax(only thing that has helped), and have been to 3 doctors. I barely eat and have lost 20lbs. I am getting a colonoscopy on Monday to rule out any other problems and am not looking forward to that. When I read this forum I feel better knowing I am not alone and crazy, but it also scares me. I am afraid that this will never go away. The latest doctor recommended ichthammol ointment but I don't know if it's working. I haven't seen anyone else writing about that.???? I am unofficially vegan now because I am afraid to eat anything without fiber in it. I feel for everyone in this forum...because this condition is hellish.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: I feel like I'm being punished

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2011, 19:44

Hey there,
Just wanted to say you are not alone. I felt the same way you do at one time. I had my fissure for 8 months and had LIS 3 months ago. This will not be forever!
Your story sounds so much like mine that it actually had me tearing up:( I lost 50lbs with my fissure and went totally vegetarian - afraid to eat anything really.
I have never heard of the other ointment you mentioned either?!
This will be over soon for you if it be that your fissure heals or you get the surgery! I was deathly afraid of the surgery, did all that I could not to have it and in the end I can honestly say that it was the best decision I ever made. I think the fear of a fissure never going away and thinking there is no way out is as bad at the physical pain, but I just want you to know there is and it won't be forever... Hang in there!
We're here if you need to vent or have questions, and there's a lot of good info. on here:)