my anul fissue

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

my anul fissue

Postby Annie » 28 Nov 2010, 17:26

:oops:
Hi Everyone im new here, but just wondering about these anul fissues, i have had one about 4 weeks starts to ease of then comes back, i eat plenty of bran and that, i work 12 hour shifts in an emergency control room, i have been to the doctors who has examined me and confirmed it is a anul fissue but i cannot believe the pain i have in during a BM and for a while after it is so painful dr told me to use anusol cream, but not sure if its working just feel so fed up with it Annie x
Annie

Topics: 1

Re: my anul fissue

Postby FissureFighter0122 » 28 Nov 2010, 20:22

Hi Annie,
Sorry to hear about your troubles! It sounds like you are in the early stages, and could possibly prevent this from becoming chronic! Are you taking any type of stool softener to help with your bm's at this point?
I have had my fissure for 10 months now, and the best advice I can give is to make sure stools are soft to avoid re-tearing your fissure, drink lots and lots of water to ensure you avoid any constipation (a fissure's worst enemy), take sitz baths when possible (20mins at a time, in warm, but not hot water) 2 or 3 times per day (like I said, if its possible) In regards to the Anusol Cream, I used it for months and months after being told I had hemorrhoids, and never felt any better personally. Be careful if it has hydrocortisone cream in it. Short term is supposed to be ok, but long term use thins the skin, and can make matters much worse. I honestly have not found a single thing that helps ease the pain when applied topically or internally, but check out the other threads here and give some of the ideas a try and find what works for you.
I hope this helps, and that you start to get some relief soon! And hopefully get healed quickly! :)
FissureFighter0122
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2010, 21:24

Hey Annie,
As FF mentioned anusol is really useless for fissures and can thin the skin. I think it would be a good idea to talk to your crs about one of the other ointments that are helpful in promoting blood flow with a fissure like Diltiazem or Nitroglycerin. Your fissure isn't chronic yet and you may have a good shot at healing it with one of the ointments and stool softeners and plenty of water and fiber as FF mentioned. Also don't forget to avoid sharp foods like nuts, chips, popcorn, etc...and meat and dairy which can cause harder bm's and re-tears. Like FF said the warm baths are very helpful with healing and pain. Good Luck- you have a good chance of healing right now. As FF said read the threads, especially "diet" and supplements :)

Postby StevePain » 29 Nov 2010, 08:16

It's good that you've found this place so early before the fissure gets chronic ,since your only in the very early stages of AF you have a real good chance at healing it with some strict dietary changes and ointments, most of us here have suffered for months and years in a vicious cycle of healing and re-tearing before stumbling upon this forum and because of that we had to have surgery.
As dawn says you should ask about Diltiazem or Rectogesic which will help promote blood flow to the area and help with healing, it's worth speaking to your GP about these ointments, since your in the UK (like me) it's really hard to get to speak with a CRS until a GP has referred you which could take months, I waited 6 months to see my first CRS who just told me to eat more fibre (useless!!), I actually saw another 2 after that who told me that it would heal of it's own accord and that surgery was far too risky, eventually after 2 years of suffering I saw another CRS that was willing to do the surgery.
Please don't get to the point I was at, try and nail the fissure while it's still in it's infancy.
Good Luck
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Annie » 14 Dec 2010, 09:31

Thank you all for your replys i have another dr appointment on the 21st of december and i have layed off using the anusol at the mo so will see how i go, will see what the doc says on the 21st thanks everyone really appriciated x
Annie

Postby StevePain » 16 Dec 2010, 06:51

Hey Annie, don't forget to let us know how the appointment goes on the 21st.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Annie » 08 Jan 2011, 07:42

Hi Everyone, sorry not been on in a while i was off work over christmas ill, with a bad viral infection, have to face the music now when i go back to work, been the doctors my fissure is not as bad as it was at the moment but its not healing so still some pain but my doctor as said to see how it goes and then im to go back sometime over the next couple of weeks so i will see what happens keeping my fingers crossed, anyway happy new year x
Annie