Is Rectogesic supposed to sting when applied?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is Rectogesic supposed to sting when applied?

Postby Guest01 » 14 Jan 2011, 11:28

Hi.
I have another question if you don't mind: would Rectogesic be supposed to sting when applied "down there"? Some months ago, after doing a lot of sitz baths and applying loads of ointments, I developed an extremely ugly rash and since then I'm extra-careful (or extra-paranoid) with everything I'm putting there. Not to mention that I'm even now using baby diaper rash cream because I get irritated there pretty quickly. I cannot even take warm baths because warm water and generally the warmth isn't good for that place, since that rash.
And what do you think about wheat bran? I tried some months ago but unfortunately it had woken up my gastritis. Heartburn, stomachache, buttpain...I truly wanted to die. So I gave up wheat bran for oatmeal but now I wonder, should I give it another try? Or it would make my stools too large, which is as bad as having harder ones?
I'm so sick and tired that I would go tomorrow to do the LIS, come what it may. Only if I would find someone to do it...I mean, maybe I'm exaggerating, the pain isn't that terrible, to make me roll on the ground and howl with pain but I'm sick at heart. On top of that, I also have anaemia because of my periods and I cannot do a single thing about it. The iron in my blood cells dropped even further because I can't eat anything with a significant iron level, like red meat, eggs, liver. I eat spinach and green vegetables but.....
On the fruit field, the things are pretty dire with the winter. No ripe fruit at all, except for oranges and tangerines but I was afraid to try them. What do you think, it could do any harm?
Thank you again for your patience and understanding, something that none of my doctors have had. Except for the psychiatrist who had...an AF. :o She told me that she couldn't get rid of it and warned me to be prepared for the same. Image I really don't want to live the rest of life like that.
Guest01
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Is Rectogesic supposed to sting when applied?

Postby StevePain » 14 Jan 2011, 14:19

Personally I've never had any kind of stinging from Rectogesic, how are you applying it? It should be applied inside the rectum, maybe the skin around your anus is very sensitive or you maybe allergic to Rectogesic, if it's causing you too much pain then I'd discontinue use.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sphinctersaurus » 14 Jan 2011, 16:26

Hey,
I've had stinging after applying Rectogesic on occasion, but usually only when my fissure is very active. I personally wouldn't keep using it if the stinging happens every time, especially if you're prone to rashes. Maybe you could ask your Doc for Diltiazem or Nifedipine. A rash can really add to your suffering. I've had similar problems, so I know where you're coming from, and I sympathise. Image
I know exactly what you mean about LIS too, I'd do it today if I could!
You could try canned/packaged fruit if fresh isn't available. I've avoided Citrus ever since that unpleasant, butt scalding Satsuma Mandarin incident several months ago. I guess I ate too many ... Is 8 too many?
Hang in there!
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby cherylk » 14 Jan 2011, 16:45

Well, I guess we now know that some docs have had an AF as per this post:
Thank you again for your patience and understanding, something that none of my doctors have had. Except for the psychiatrist who had...an AF. She told me that she couldn't get rid of it and warned me to be prepared for the same.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bumbutt » 15 Jan 2011, 10:17

The rectogesic stings a bit for me (as well as some other ointments that are supposed to be 'soothing'). I don't get a rash though. And the sting (more like an increase in a dull pain) lasts for about 15 minutes or so after applying it. It doesn't matter if I apply it just externally or internally (about 1cm inside), it feels the same. I also tend to apply it a couple hours after a BM, since it was too painful to apply anything internally right after. Not sure this is the right thing to do (wait), but it has worked ok for me, so far.
PS - I should add that I haven't been seen by a CRS yet, but a General Physician said I had both a fissure and hemorrhoids.
Last edited by Bumbutt on 15 Jan 2011, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add ps
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby StevePain » 15 Jan 2011, 12:20

I had hemmorhoids for 10 years and if I have anything to thank for getting rid of them it's my fissure! Since I went on the fissure diet the hemmies disappeared, it took a while but when I went in for LIS the doc told me that no hemmorhoids were found so eating a high fibre diet has helped a lot.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 16 Jan 2011, 07:58

What is the strength of Rectogesic?I've used the 2% Nitrobid which was really strong stuff compared to the compounded 0.2% nitro I last used.Nitrobid never stung for me,Worst it did for me was giving me the hemmies the first two weeks I started using it.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Myitzu » 15 Nov 2017, 16:15

When I applied Rectogesic in anal area, I felt stinging for 1-2 minutes but after that, no sting feeling at all. When I used in last year, I didn't feel that, is it normal to feel sting sensation, thanks.
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4