Botox tomorrow, feeling scared.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox tomorrow, feeling scared.

Postby mumof2 » 01 Feb 2011, 07:18

Hello all.
As the title says botox is tomorrow. I had it done a couple of years ago when it helped but not completely get rid of the fissure.
I am scared for a couple of reasons. Firstly the thought of going in to hosp tomorrow frightens me. I am probably more scared its not going to work and I will be heading towards LIS.
Again I have come on her to get it off my chest. I feel there is no one I can talk to about this. My hubby is lovely but doen't know what to say. Last time I spoke to my Mum about it she ended up crying!!!
Anyway feels good to write it down. I know deep down I have to just get on with it. I am a believer in positive thinking but am really struggling to feel positive about tomorrow.
Thanks for reading!
mumof2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Botox tomorrow, feeling scared.

Postby alpinestrawberry » 01 Feb 2011, 07:53

Hi,
I wish you the best! Will you be sedated? I always get so nervous too, for any procedures. I put off sinus surgery for years and when I finally did it, it wasn't that bad.
I don't have many people I can talk to either about the AF's. I have told a couple of people and while they sympathize I'm sure deep down they're just glad they're not me. Writing to vent my feelings here is the only thing keeping me going!
My husband doesn't really get how traumatic this situation is either.....but when I'm really upset he starts talking about his vasectomy. He wasn't sedated for that and he didn't even take a Valium or an Ativan or anything to help him get through it. I can only imagine how terrifying that procedure would be for a guy. I figure if he can do that, I can do this.
It's going to be okay! Sending positive vibes your way!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby mumof2 » 01 Feb 2011, 08:10

Thanks for that.
My fissure also started after childbirth 4 years ago. It feels like the happiest time of my life is being taken away from me. I had waited a long time to meet my other half and have kids and now I have this to deal with.
mumof2
Fibre Addict

Postby alpinestrawberry » 01 Feb 2011, 08:25

Wow, mine too started 5 years ago after my third daughter was born.
I've always wondered why the hell gynecologists don't mention that this is a common problem after giving birth? They need to at least be able to prescribe the fissure ointments before referring you elsewhere.
I feel the same about my life being taken from me. This fissure problem is always in the back of my mind no matter what, and I just can't enjoy being in the moment with my kids anymore.
I've waited too long to deal with this, but my fissure would go into remission for long periods lulling me into the belief that it would never come back. A little over a year ago when it came back with a vengeance, I waited an entire year to do anything about it, because I thought for sure if I just gave it more time it would calm down again eventually.
I hate myself sometimes.
Feel better!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby StevePain » 01 Feb 2011, 15:38

Good Luck tomorrow mum..
@alpinestrawberry, Gynaecologists, CRS's and GP's alike really don't have a clue about fissures, it's the same the world over, most everyone I've spoke to has either been misdiagnosed or sent home with Anusol, we're just fortunate that we can help each other out right here, it makes me angry sometimes that even the CRS's don't really know the full story about fissures and the impact they can have, it's time they learnt, it would actually do them good to have a look on here, that way they would learn something!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bumbutt » 02 Feb 2011, 03:16

Good luck mumof2. Most importantly, I hope the botox will help you feel much better afterwards. Sending positive thoughts your way. Image
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 02 Feb 2011, 07:43

hi mumof2,
may God be with you today and lift up your worries and anxiety. ask your Higher Power to bless you, your care team, and that you will have the best results in time.
have a great day even though you have your procedure today.
don't give into the fear, give into your Higher Power who wants all the good for you and those you love.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Bumbutt » 05 Feb 2011, 09:07

How did your botox go Mo2?
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 05 Feb 2011, 23:18

i hope you are resting and feeling much better now.
never had the botox myself but it will take a week or two to start working so i hope you are not upset if you haven't instantly felt 100% cured right now.
sending you patience, warm thoughts, and hope.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74