Anyone from Knoxville TN that can recommend a good CRS?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone from Knoxville TN that can recommend a good CRS?

Postby Guest » 11 Aug 2007, 17:36

My CRS is Dr. Julio A. Solla at UT. I just can't find out that much about him. I saw him for the first time last week, he examined me, and went straight to the surgery schedule. I had never heard of a fissure before, so I didn't know there could be other options to try first. I just scheduled the surgery, but have decided to wait. He did diagnose my fissure as chronic.
I had pre-op testing, which only consisted of a questionnaire and a CBC. Will my insurance cover the CBC or will I be on my own with that one? LOL! It shouldn't be too expensive, hopefully.
I am sorry to keep posting so many messages, but I am going nuts here.
Thanks,
Jennie

Re: Anyone from Knoxville TN that can recommend a good CRS?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Aug 2007, 19:58

I think your insurance will probably cover the CBC, less any deductible. But different companies have their own "priorities" so it would be impossible to judge from my standpoint.
Usually a doctor/CRS will try healing first, but it may be that your CRS is experienced enough to know a chronic fissure when he sees it. there may well be telltale signs -- in fact, I'm sure there must be visual, identifiable differences in chronic and acute fissures. Your fissure shouldn't be chronic if you've had symptoms for less than six weeks (including bleeding without pain).
As I have already mentioned, I'm concerned about the "type" pf surgery in your case, as you don't complain of spasm pain after a BM.
As for frequent posting, well, that is certainly OK. We are here to offer support --such as it is -- so feel free to post questions or just vent!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Re: Anyone from Knoxville TN that can recommend a good CRS?

Postby Guest » 11 Aug 2007, 20:38

I have experienced bleeding problems for nearly a year. CRS said fissure is deep but not that large in size. I don't have the spasm pain though. He did tell me to breath deep a couple of times during my exam to release the muscle spasm.
Jennie