Bambi feeling a little better today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Bambi feeling a little better today

Postby Bambi » 28 Feb 2011, 13:03

Thanks for the support yesterday on my low physical day. I did sleep really well and I have to confess I took 1/2 a Vicodin for my aching all over later in the day. And just rested a lot. I suddenly had the typical "glowing halo" in my left eye around 8 last night and that lasted for a while but never turned into a true migraine. I am having trouble regulating my stools, with now becoming too loose today in spite of that 1/2 Vicodin yesterday. Maybe it has to do with the migraine aura and generally not feeling all that well. I plan to reduce gradually my Miralax. I posted a long rambling question with background in the supplement section asking about fiber supplements. Just trying to sort that all out today, but feel my spirits lifting in spite of some minor physical setbacks. I am trying to look at each day out from surgery as a day closer to being DONE with this forever ( a beautiful dream, isn't it"?) . I tried something this morning when something happened that was a little alarming (not making it to the bathroom in time :( . I wrote down why that scared me and then wrote down the reasons why I shouldn't really be afraid of that right now and then prayed over it and tore the fear up and threw it away. I think that really helped me not think about it anymore. And given that I am so luckily retired, I have decided to send myself "back to work" for half days this week. So this morning I swept the floor, cleaned the kitchen, decided what to make for dinner, along with posting here and soaking, etc... Then this afternoon, I get to hang out and watch the Oscars from last night and get some rest. I think I need to start having a little bit of balance or I am going to get too down. And yet I don't want to get too tired either. So once again, looking for balance. I go to acupuncture tomorrow and I go to 5 Element, which really focuses on trying to balance out the emotions and all as well as physical issues. I find it helpful, so I'm looking forward to it.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Bambi feeling a little better today

Postby alpinestrawberry » 28 Feb 2011, 14:09

Bambi,
You are SO lucky to be retired, and at such a young age! I'm glad you're feeling better.
It's good not to worry about not making to the bathroom in time...that can happen to anyone now and again and you're still healing. The stomach flu has caused this to happen to me before and you weren't feeling well--maybe you just had a bug.
Happy healing!!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby sphinctersaurus » 28 Feb 2011, 14:52

Hey Bambi,
Hooray for feeling better! I think recovery from this is kind of a 'baby steps' situation. Alpine is right about worrying about the not making it in time thing ... Too soon to worry about that stuff.
Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Today will be a better Bambi day for sure!
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Bambi » 28 Feb 2011, 15:22

Thank you Alpine and Sphinctersaurus- Yes, that was one of the things I wrote down as a reason to not be afraid of that situation this morning. I know it is way too soon and didn't really mean that much. And I am VERY LUCKY and I do know that about being retired. I worked for our public school system for 28 years and was able to "buy back" years from my time in Texas years ago so I was able to retire along with my hubbie almost 3 years ago now. We feel blessed everyday because not many people actually have pensions anymore and the economy being what it is and so hard for so many and I am amazed that they actually let me retire at 54 with all my benefits. They have since changed that, I think. I still may work part time at some point in the future- maybe in private practice or something or in nursing homes, but that is a little out of my comfort zone. If I lived in Texas, I'd think about going into practice with my niece since she knows the insurance end of things and all. Anyway- one of the things I try to do everyday is relax and think of at least 15 things I am grateful for and that is usually one of them along with my wonderful family and friends.
And I mainly retired earlier because my husband is 5 years older and he had his cancer issues several years ago that make us continually try to remember to treasure the time we have together. He is good at reminding me that "this too shall pass"!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2011, 20:21

Hey Bambi,
This will pass! Just keep your spirits up :) I had my surgery right before the holidays and honestly that may have helped me. There was always something going on with the family and stuff. I do remember having to miss my oldest daughters Halloween party she has every year for all the kids in our family. I just sent my six year old to have fun, but felt a little guilty... At 12 days post-op, I rode in the car on a pillow, basically laying down while she trick or treated with all her little cousins...
The good news is just two days before I reached 3 weeks post-op, I went on a shopping trip to the mall that lasted about 5 hours with no problems.
Things can progress and change in just a short time. Just be patient and take all one day at a time. Celebrate each day even if it's a small accomplishment.
Don't sweat not being able to hold the BM. I had one incident right before my LIS when I was taking antibiotics the CRS called in for an infection I just knew I had, but probably didn't, Lol... But anyway It gave me the worst case of the runs and thank God I was at home because for the first time in my adult life I couldn't make it to the bathroom! :oops:
Praying your days get brighter and stay that way!!