bottox

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

bottox

Postby evie » 22 Jan 2011, 15:09

hi, there anyone who is on line at moment, i,am new to this so please be patient with me, i started with anal fissure nearly 11 weeks ago they have been the longest 11 weeks of my life!! I CAN HONESTLY SAY I HAVE NOT HAD PAIN LIKE THIS BEFORE. Last monday i had bottox injections to relax the sphincter , and i,am on a high fibre diet and fibogel, i wonder if anyone can tell me when will i start to have bowel motion without the horriffic pain . [sorry to sound so negative but i,ve really had enough!!!]xx thanks for listening xx
evie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: bottox

Postby StevePain » 22 Jan 2011, 15:20

Hey evie, I think Botox takes about 2 weeks to kick in if it's worked, not sure when you'll get that pain free BM though, I've never had Botox but had LIS which is a more permanent solution, keep drinking plenty of water with the Fybogel to keep things moving.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

bottox

Postby evie » 22 Jan 2011, 15:38

thanks for the reply i,am drinking water as i reply, terrified of getting constipated! i shall look forward to maybe improvment next week , i will let you know how i go on later in the week it may help others to be encouraged [i hope]. xx
evie
Fibre Addict

Postby happyass » 23 Jan 2011, 09:08

hi evie,
aside from drinking water and modifying your diet, what else are you doing for your situation?
i am not sure for those with botox applied to the anus, how good or not good it is to have hot bath soaks? are you allowed to do this? maybe add some epsom salts to your bath to help you relax.
if you can also work on your fear of constipation and see if you can undo any "tense" feelings when you go to BM, that could help a little on the mental side of things.
have you tried to squat as you BM? i would recommend that too if you haven't tried already. prior to feeling your BM come on, not sure what you have to lubricate your anus with, but do that first, and then get some old newspaper and lay it on the floor of your bathroom/toilet area, and squat over (hold on to something if you need to to keep your balance) and do some deep in/deep out breathing as you relax your anal muscles.
when the BM comes out, it will be almost effortless if not with just a bit of help.
key thing here is to avoid straining as much as possible.
good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby evie » 23 Jan 2011, 14:13

sorry happyass i didnt answer your question on the bath soaks yes i have been having salt bath soak every day and a shower which is quite relaxing if i just spray the area for a while, i have not tried the squatting thing yet but if it becomes more painful i will certainly give it a go , anything for a less pain b.m thanks for the info! once more .xxx
evie
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 10 Mar 2011, 07:59

Botox made it worse for me, then had to wait for new CRS appt, he offered more Botox but I insisted I need LIS. The only relief I got was the ride home and next day, three days later it felt like he had paralyzed my muscle IN SPASM. Now they say that's impossible but that's how it felt. Some relief when Botox wore off, back to my old pain which was manageable. I will never do that again. Hope it works for u though...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby evie » 10 Mar 2011, 14:12

hi, elphie just a few lines to say that bottox has worked for me {so far so good} i have had to stick to a high fibre diet which is a small price to pay i think when i think of the pain!!! i had when i first started with a chronic fissure i thank god for the surgeon who suggested that we try bottox first to see how we go ,and sure enough it worked for me and, i,am loosing weight on the high fibre so good news all round really, hope it works for others as it has for me. love to all xxxxevie.
evie
Fibre Addict

Postby Elphie » 10 Mar 2011, 15:30

Great! I'm happy it's working for u it's so good to hear something positive, I'm still waiting for surgery, if I'm really lucky, it'll heal first! I'm going to try that ketanserin from Mexico my mom lives there. Hope your fissure is just a bad memory soon!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Katie » 05 Jun 2016, 09:54

I'm due to have bottox just waiting for my hospital letter to come from I'm from the UK, does it hurt when you gave it done?? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 05 Jun 2016, 17:23

Just had Botox 5 days ago. It did not hurt as I had it under general anesthesia . I am not sure things are better however, and I have posted about my diet and hydration post Botox on a previous thread . I am wondering if I am over hydrating as I seem less regular . Though Botox is not painful in itself I seem to be in as much pain after as before . I'll keep you posted on my daily progress. Good luck with your Botox for those who have had it and those who are waiting .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here