Switched to benefiber and miralax, big change!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Switched to benefiber and miralax, big change!

Postby Elphie » 13 Mar 2011, 08:31

Ok so the cramping is gone, the horrible I can barely stand the smell gas seems to b gone, but the BM is tiny! It makes me worry there's a MONSTER hiding in there that I'll have to expel later but the PAIN IS LESS! Thank you! I'll see how it is as the day progresses tho, kids r on march break so resting gets put on back burner but I'm thinking I might b able to actually cook today! So far I'm still taking a morning dose of metamucil, I'm afraid to just change abruptly, benefiber and 1/2 dose miralax before supper, before bed benefiber and 1/2 dose miralax again, tonite may up bedtime dose of miralax to full, don't want to overdo it but I want em soft! I still feel my fissure burning but not crippling like usual AND no blood! I also have hemmys and after BM everything is hanging out, havta sit for five minutes on hard chair to get it back in then I put on the nifedipine. Still taking ibuprofen and muscle relaxants tho, I don't know when I'll stop those but I will have to before surgery. I also have tha ketanserin cream coming from Mexico in two weeks maybe that will b the magic I'm waiting for! Thank u all for the tips I'll keep u posted!
Mary
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Re: Switched to benefiber and miralax, big change!

Postby alpinestrawberry » 14 Mar 2011, 08:41

Yes! Glad it's helping. And I notice way smaller BM's with Miralax/Benefiber too--Metamucil makes them bigger and right now that just causes more tearing and pain.
Maybe after surgery it will be okay to go back to Metamucil, so the ol' butt can get used to stretching again, minus the tears.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17