spasms 3 months out???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: spasms 3 months out???

Postby New mum » 13 Mar 2011, 17:03

So i have had a great weekend.... NOT.....
Just what we all dread a bug vomiting and diarrhea for 2 days. mmm now things look a bit ugly down there.
Steve i am the same no bad spasms but just weird ones that last a few seconds then i dont feel any for hrs.
I also worry that my bms are still soft (not counting the bug ones) and that they may be 2 soft in ways that my sphinter is tightening up to the way it was before. They are not loose, but just formed. any input?
I think i am going to go back and see my gp just to see what she says and if she thinks i need to go the CRS again, and if the weekends sickness done any damage i think maybe i have a skin tag that has flared up. its not anything bad i dont think no puss or anything like that.
THanks for listening to my babble again
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Dave » 14 Mar 2011, 07:37

Hi New Mum, I can so relate to the stomach bug story - also had that 2 weekends ago. My spasms are the constant dull ache type - at least when the pain med is not working or hasnt kicked in yet. A week ago it worked for me to have one pain tablet at 6 in the morn and another one at 2 in the afternoon - then Im normally pain free the whole day - today and yesterday however this doesnt seem to work - so I dont know what has changed now. Anyway, I'm 6 weeks post LIS - trying to hang in there and stay positive.
Dave
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby StevePain » 14 Mar 2011, 14:51

@New mum.. The soft stools really irritated my LIS and fissure site which I think have hampered my long term healing, I had to quit the Movicol/Miralax because my BM's were out of control, I was pooping between 5 and 10 times a day and the burning was like hell on earth, since then I've only been taking Fybogel and eating high fibre foods and have found that bulky and more formed stools are easy to pass with minimal discomfort, as daft as it sounds, the harder or bulkier the stool, the less pain I have.
I would definitely say that overly soft stools wreak havoc on the surgery site(s) after LIS and even with an active fissure, Miralax isn't for everyone!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 14 Mar 2011, 14:59

@Dave.. Hang in there, 6 weeks post-op is still a bit early for the healing process to kick in and because you've had a stomach bug that may of hampered things a little, don't give up hope!
Another thing is that most conventional pain killers won't touch the pain of anal surgery, I wasn't given anything other than Flagyl (antibiotic) and Ibuprofen, needless to say they didn't touch the pain, although I do think the Ibuprofen helped with the inflammation and I still take it from time to time.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby desperatehousewife » 14 Mar 2011, 22:42

I agree with Steve, the bulkier the better. I was also having acidic like poops when they were too mushy. Metamucil is my answer. I wish I would've listened to the CRS initially. I used it for a few months got so sick of it and went on to Benefibre then Mirilax. Had leakage probs too. Then he told me to go back on it and voila, no more leakage at all, 0, and my poops are soft, but bigger. I can poop without pushing and it takes all of three seconds. I also like to eat All Bran every few days, that'll mush it up too.
Dave, have you tried a muscle relaxant such as Flexeril (makes you sleepy and constipated) or Baclofen (just slightly sleepy, but can be addictive)? Or Ativan (addictive and makes you sleepy?). I'm trying the baclefan right now. Undecided but definently helps with spasms, but not my pressure sensation :(
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby New mum » 14 Mar 2011, 23:34

Yes Dave 6 weeks is not long i know at 6 weeks i still had a lot of discomfort. and it sucks to get a bug so soon after surgery.
i am only on metamucil, nothing else i think i am so strict with my diet and drink so much water thats why they are so soft.
god i am sooo over this. i remember saying to my hubby when this all started y me now i am still saying y me and i really that unlucky to not be healed :(
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38