Flax seed question??

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Flax seed question??

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 12:22

Hello,
I have a question? Well today I had a BM with a slight scraping feeling, and I saw a couple streaks of blood not much and very light. I had a little pain but it did not last long at all. I really haven't eaten anything different but my monthly is coming (yippie). I went to the store and got flax seed oil Natures Made 1000mg soft gels. I would like to take it , but can I take it with the Fisol? I also take a Colace at night would that be too much? I want to make sure this does not happen again hopefully. Is this good flax seed oil to take? Any suggestions??
Thanks Patty....

Re: Flax seed question??

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 13:32

I take fish oil and flax seed oil every day. I take the Fisol in the morning and the flax seed oil in the evening.
I don't see any problem with you staying on colace with the oil but you really may not need to. Maybe see how it does after you add the flax. If it seems to loose maybe you can get off the colace and just do the oils.

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 13:42

Lecia,
Does that sound like a good brand od flaxseed supplement with Natures Made??1000mg? I have never bought this before so I was wondering?
Thanks Patty

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 14:45

I have taken that same exact brand and milligram amount and it worked just fine. Let me know how it works for you. Good luck!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Aug 2007, 15:06

As for the blood, Patty, just keep telling yourself, "It's my unhealed fissure doing it's thing..."
Deleted User 5