Bowel maintenance after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Bowel maintenance after LIS

Postby slhall » 20 Mar 2011, 07:27

Hi all - well, I am 12 days out from my LIS for 2 fissures and skin tag removal. My bowel routine is this: Friendly foods of course (I do a green smoothie each day with flax seed) fish oil, physillium husk seed powder - 1 TBLS at night, 1/2 cup prune juic spread out through the day, vitamin C 3000 mg and mineral oil, 1 TBLS at night and 2 TBLS milk of magnesia at night. SO, question... when do I change back to normal stuff. I never had hard bowel movements...I have always had good habits there (i use a lot of natural stuff like super aloe, triphala, magnesium citrate)... my problem was such a tight sphincter that I couldn't get the poo out without some help from a glycerin suppository!

RIght now, I'm only having one bowel movement in the morning... and it's soft alright! And I do the squatting thing still.... so, how often to do you all go??? to the bathroom I mean? Sometimes I feel like I need to go at night, but I can't and I don't want to use the suppository and I don't want to push.... advice?
I've tried mirilax before.. made me gassy.
slhall
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Bowel maintenance after LIS

Postby StevePain » 20 Mar 2011, 14:45

I have regular BM's every morning, usually only go twice, three at the most, my BM's are very consistent but not too soft, the odd occasion I get the urge at night and have had to push, the key is not to push too hard!
As for the Miralax, I can't take the stuff, it makes my poops way too sloppy and frequent, it's just pure nasty (for me). I use Fybogel instead which bulks up the stool.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby magnesium » 20 Mar 2011, 14:58

Hi hope this helps i think your right about tight sphincter i feel that is wy we get AF.you need to get to the root cause of having a tight sphincter in the first place.i had them chronic 5years just about every day,i have been 2years now without a hint of them my sphincter is now really loose soft and pliable.high calcium/magnesium ratio was the root cause of mine once i corrected that they healed,i took really high does magnesium both orally 1000mg and rubbed mag oil all over my body once a day,it took 4 months to get my intracellular levels up now they seemed to of heeled.read my other posts if you like i explained it in more detail there i have only done about 8 posts ask me a question if you like.
Last edited by magnesium on 20 Mar 2011, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: needed to add something
magnesium
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby slhall » 20 Mar 2011, 18:17

Hmmm... that is interesting Fibre Addict. I know there is a root cause with mine. I've had so many surgeries on my pelvis and my bumm.. plus I have some chronic pain and nerve issues all on the left side (doing nerve blocks now) which I KNOW is related. WHen the pain on the left side gets amped up, the sphincter gets tighter!! High calcium/magnesium ration huh? Before surgery and milk of magnesia...I was taking about 400/400 mg ratio, which in addition to all the other stuff I took seemed to help. But maybe I should look into this more. You also said you rubbed mag oil all over your body? Where do you get that? I did have a hair anyalysis done a couple years ago and it did show I was deficient in both cal/mag. Maybe I haven't been taking enough. How can I find your other posts... I'm very interested in this!! I've started adding 400 mg of mag citrate back into my diet in just the last couple of days (no calcium) in addition to the 2 TBLS of milk of mag I take for now.
slhall
Fibre Addict

Postby slhall » 20 Mar 2011, 18:25

Oh... Ok, you are magnesium!! I couldn't figure out your name... too many pain meds!
slhall
Fibre Addict

Postby magnesium » 20 Mar 2011, 20:16

Hi slhall it is interesting how you are having nerve problems to.i also had nerve problems [carpal tunnel both wrists,sciatica,pins and needles around my body]magnesium at high dose changed all those things as well and with in weeks.you probably read my other posts.celiac disease was what caused my mineral deficiency's but a lot of people have gluten intolerance which is basically the same thing i am talking about 1/3 of the population so because you are having other problems think about gluten free as well and try and get your sugar and carbohydrate content down because they strip the body of magnesium.magnesium oil is called ancient minerals leave it on for an hour and then was the excess of in the shower the mag gets in without going through the digestive system,capsule i take nutralife 750mg chelate[150mg actual mag this is important you are only taking 150 per capsule]and natures own amino acid chelated 500mg[100mg actual mag]these both work well.ask me more questions if you like.by the way i stop all dairy far to high in undigestable calcium it has about a 10/1 ratio with magnesium that is not at all good buy.
Last edited by magnesium on 20 Mar 2011, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forgot to add the last sentence
magnesium
Fibre Addict

Postby slhall » 20 Mar 2011, 21:24

Hi magnesium - yes, lots of nerve issues... for years. They are talking about putting a neurostimulator in my back. I do low carb/surgar already due to candidida and probably 80 gluten free. I've been tested for celiac and that was negative. So, I'm a pretty strict diet and have been for about 4 years. The only dairy I eat is greek yogurt and kefir....so I understand about diet beleive me! I also just started taking Olive Leaf Extract oil in addition to all my other things. So, you are taking approx 1000 mg of mag daily, what about calc? How much...? and the magnesium oil... can I find that on line somewhere? Is there a danger to getting too much magnesium? I think I read somewhere that if you don't balance it with the correct calcium it can be bad for your heart? Do you know of that?? Thanks for you input!! I'm much more intersted in natural things than taking more pills and pharmeceuticals. I see a naturopath also and I"m going to ask her if she can recheck my mag/cal levels again.... So, you also have lots of nerve issues???
slhall
Fibre Addict

Postby magnesium » 21 Mar 2011, 20:02

Hi slhall not sure if you got my message i sent you.to get it at the top of any page click on your private message link [pm] on the next page click on the message link from magnesium.also to read my posts click on magnesium anywhere on site then under profile on the right click read all posts by magnesium that will get you there thanks let me know how you go
magnesium
Fibre Addict