Botox update and more crying!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox update and more crying!

Postby mumof2 » 21 Mar 2011, 03:34

Hello,
I am now just over 6 weeks post botox. I had 3 blissful weeks of painless poos. I had forgotten how good that felt and didn't want to post on here in case I jinxed it!!!
Anyway yesterday I didn't drink enough as had a really busy day and surprise surprise this morning I had some discomfort and bleeding. I am soooo fed up. I had a look at it and can see the tear but not as deep as before.
It effects my mood so much. I have been feeling so much brighter and able to cope with life in the last few weeks but today I can't stop crying again. I am an emotional person anyway but this really gets to me.
So where do I go next. More botox? I am so scared of LIS but I can't live like this anymore.
Anyway bubs is crying so must go.
X
mumof2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Botox update and more crying!

Postby alpinestrawberry » 21 Mar 2011, 07:00

Hi Mum,
I feel so bad for you! Image
I know just what you mean about the crying. Any little fissure symptom causes major distress. It's more painful emotionally for me than it is physically. I hate seeing the blood, that's when I know that whatever I've been doing, is failing.
Just remember that this is typical of fissures...they have an up/down healing pattern. Maybe you'll heal this faster thanks to the botox making the sphincter more relaxed right now. What about Miralax? It helps a lot of people, including me.
The thing that's put a stop to my crying is scheduling the surgery. Now I'm horrified that I'm about to go through with it (it's this Wednesday), but I know I can't back out. I just hope it works. I've gotten my pain totally under control with Miralax and it's hard to accept that I'm about to put myself through more pain for a little while.
What scares you the most about the surgery? If it's the incontinence, you just need a surgeon you can trust, one who's never screwed up and made someone incontinent. I no longer fear the incontinence. For one thing, my sphincter is so, so tight--my biggest fear is that one little cut won't do enough to loosen it. And then I'll have to have another surgery. I want to put this part of my life far behind me. I'd like to get to a point where I don't need to consult a CRS anytime soon, as I'm sure we all would.
Best of luck with whatever you decided to do. We're here to listen when you need us!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby mumof2 » 21 Mar 2011, 07:42

Thank you!
I have been thinking about you and wish you the best of luck for your op. As we both know these fissures like to keep coming back. I think you've made the decision I need to.
The thing that scares me about LIS is incontinence. I think the fissure makes me feel really unlucky and I wonder if that bad luck would continue. Very negative I know.
When I asked my surgeon about incontinence risk he said its difficult to quantify as he does very few these days. Not sure why, poss whether its due to other treatments having more effect. I am in the UK so not sure what choice I have over the CRS I have.
Good luck once again. Look forward to hearing how it all goes.
x
mumof2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Elphie » 21 Mar 2011, 21:54

I think that since u did get some relief from Botox, maybe a second time would do the trick. For me the Botox releived the pain for 36 hrs and I was very distressed when I realized it wasn't the solution but for you it might b an option. I've heard it's expensive elsewhere in Canada it was covered. I'm waiting for surgery as well, I really believe the risk is worth it. I hope things improve for you!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10