Should I keep it Dry Or Take More Sitz Bath?

Confused

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Should I keep it Dry Or Take More Sitz Bath?

Postby randyyang » 19 Jun 2016, 00:53

I know Sitz Bath can keep the blood flow faster which promote the healing also it could reduce the spams. lots people here benefit from it. But I also heard it was better for the fissure/wound to heal faster if you keep that area dry. so i was confused. like i said in my last post, I've experienced no pain and retear for the last two weeks due to strict diet, but the problem is i can still feel fissure site/wound when the stool is passing by. I know sitz bath definitely help with all the pain and spams during my worst time. but at this point, I think i don't have spams and pain anymore, All I need is to make the fissure site heal completely. I feel like the more I took Sitz Bath, the more moist it will be down there, which is complete opposite to the theory to keep that area dry in order to heal faster. Actually the last doc that I consult with, she's not recommended to take Sitz Bath too much. Basically, If you had an open wound, if you sweat a lot or make that area too moist it will prolong the healing time right? any advice?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Should I keep it Dry Or Take More Sitz Bath?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 19 Jun 2016, 01:05

Well...it can go both ways. Babies need desitin or butt paste when they have a really bad diaper rash that has become raw and red and inflamed. Desitin and other such creams are to protect the area from moisture so that the rash/ open sores can heal. An alternative to sitz baths is that you can use a heating pad.it was recommended to me by someone on here.. (Works wonders and saves water).
To protect the fissure site when you pass stools, you can maybe apply some Vaseline , or some coconut oil. (To protect it and keep it clean from feces getting inside). Glad to hear the pain has at least subsided!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5