sitz bath questions

introduction and looking for sitz advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

sitz bath questions

Postby Girraphne » 08 Aug 2022, 17:10

Hi all. I’ve been lurking here a few days learning and looking for tips on how to get through this anal fissure. I’m 41 and healthy (before this) this year is the first time I have had anything like this, although I was never an everyday pooper, I guess always mildly constipated, but never any real issues. I am doing metamucil, miralax, nifedipine/lidocaine cream, and just added A&D ointment, sitz baths, ibuprofen… but have several questions…For instance, is there a better way to sitz bath when you don’t have a tub? I’m using the kind that sits in the toilet, although it is soothing, I feel like it may be causing pressure on my rectum, not to mention sciatica as I stand up with numb legs. Also, I have hemorrhoids, will the warm water and pressure irritate them? I just want this Emeffer to heal! I’m praying for my own booty as well as all of you strangers!
Jan 2022 - fissure diagnosed, dr said it looked like it was superficial and almost healed.
July 2022- got constipated while traveling, retear.
Working on a diet and bathroom regimen to help healing. Using nifedipine/lidocaine cream and a&d ointment.
Girraphne
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1