Need help picking a surgeon in So. Cal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need help picking a surgeon in So. Cal

Postby better days » 13 Apr 2011, 23:08

I am new to this forum and need help finding a great CRS in the Southern California area. I have suffered from two fissures off and on for about year. I have tried hydrocortisone suppositories but do not like the side effects that can occur after prolonged use. I have also been using the nitroglycerine ointment which provides relief but does not get rid of the fissures.
I am at my wits end. They have taken over my life and caused me to be depressed and anxious thus affecting my family life as well as my work.
The one fissure is chronic and just causes discomfort during BM and itches at times. the other seems to heal up and reoccur about every month and a half. I think I want the LIS surgery and fissurectomy and bypass the botox injections. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to go to just any Colorectal Surgeon. If you have had great results please let me know.
Last edited by better days on 13 Apr 2011, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammer error
better days

Topics: 2

Re: Need help picking a surgeon in So. Cal

Postby ss616 » 14 Apr 2011, 07:50

I had worked with Dr. Mari Madsen who was real nice when I lived in LA.
http://www.colorectalsocal.com/surgicalstaff.html
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby ss616 » 14 Apr 2011, 07:55

I should add at Dr. Sokol (also at this office) is also well known for AF. He wrote the following article:
http://www.medicinenet.com/anal_fissure/article.htm
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Happybutt » 14 Apr 2011, 11:46

Hi betterdays,
This is my first post after reading this forum for several weeks. I developed a horrible fissure about 5 months ago and it really affected my life. After 4 months of trying EVERYTHING I decided to have a fissurectomy. I'm 3 weeks post op and I have no pain after bm's! I would be in pain for 10-12 hours after a bm and could not get off the floor sometimes. Now, bm's are a breeze and it's all because of the fissurectomy. I strongly sugegst stearing clear of LIS if you can. My doctor refused to give me one and said the fissurectomy would solve my problem. After seeing him a week after surgery he said he found something inside that was not allowing me to heal. He removed that and cleaned things up. I finally have my life back and will continue the new diet and softners for the rest of my life!
I stronlgy suggest contacting St. Jude Heritage in Fullerton, CA, Dr. Wilson. He is a wonderful doctor and has performed many of these. He is the first doctor who took the time to anser all my questions and I did not feel rushed.
Good luck! I know how hard this can be.
Happybutt

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion