Anyone have sitting and laying down pain.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anyone have sitting and laying down pain.

Postby Desperate » 14 Apr 2011, 21:31

I had Hemmroidectomy over a year ago got impacted within a week then they did mri on my back said I had herniated l5-s1 did single level fusion thinking it was pinched nerves didn't help have been in constant pain since get only 2-4 hours of sleep with ambien and anti anxiety meds my gp the other day said she saw a fissure finally today I got lidocaine 4% ointment used twice so far but I still cant sit for 5 minutes my ankles are killing me from standing so much I have to wait to go see colorectal surgeon for another 12 days and I am DESPERATE!! Sitz baths dont really help because pain sitting down. I am lost as to what I should do.
Desperate

Topics: 1

Re: Anyone have sitting and laying down pain.

Postby Deleted User 579 » 15 Apr 2011, 13:00

Welcome Desperate - I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I think, if you can manage it, you might find soaking in the tub easier. Many of us find a sitz bath a bit painful. I also recommend keeping stools very soft. I really hope your CRS can help you quickly - it must be so difficult managing the pain from a fissure with the back pain too.
Deleted User 579

Postby Desperate » 15 Apr 2011, 13:11

It hurts to sit in the bath more then a few minutes. It is terrible.
Desperate

Postby Elphie » 15 Apr 2011, 20:42

I had to lie on my side in the tub on bad days, but the heating pad really helped. On bad days I would try to lie on my stomoach and lay it on... If it relaxed the spasm I could move to my back. Usually I am constantly changing positions to deal with the constant burn, standing still is the worst for me and driving. But the heating pad... Ibuprofen really takes the edge off too even though u might not think so.I hope u can get a handle on it, u sound like I was a day after Botox and 6 weeks after it was horrible!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Desperate » 15 Apr 2011, 21:22

How long have you had this Elphie?
Desperate