7 days, no more ibuprofen!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

7 days, no more ibuprofen!

Postby Elphie » 21 Apr 2011, 09:00

I can't believe the difference without the ibuprofen! Ow! I'm still taking the robaxacet and oxazepam but it's not helping as much as usual. Lots of stress going on too, might be aggravating the dragon! Well, hopefully this will be over soon. My heating pad will b working overdrive for the next little while. This is also my first day without the sufrexal, while it did seem to help a little, I wasn't able to stop meds or anything and today I think my pain is about the same as before I used it, so, don't run right off to Mexico people! Happyass did say it helped with healing post LIS so I'll try again then. For this week I'll just stick with muscle relaxants and nifedipine, which might help since I've been off it awhile. It might b the week from he'll but there's a reward at the end....a sore ass but hopefully not on fire anymore! 7 DAYS!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Re: 7 days, no more ibuprofen!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 21 Apr 2011, 09:27

7 days!!! Image Yeah Elphie!
I'm so sorry you are in more pain now that you have to go off the ibuprofen. I hope the robaxacet takes the edge off a bit. I've been having a bit of a rough day too. Didn't do the business yesterday and woke up at 5:30 this morning in a panic about how things were going to go. Thankfully, it wasn't too bad, but wow ... the anxiety is something else!!
7 days to go for you - hang in there! Soon enough this will all be a distant memory!
Deleted User 579

Postby frustrated » 21 Apr 2011, 13:23

Elphie...have you tried tylenol? They told me at the hospital that I could take that for pain this week before surgery? It's definately not as good as Ibuprofen though.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Elphie » 21 Apr 2011, 13:45

In my desperation I did take a Tylenol but I think it was too late. I'll try tomorrow morning. Tylenol has caffeine which is supposed to enhance painkillers so maybe it'll boost the robaxacet. The Valium helped but I had to drive this morning so I took it when I got home. Still have pain, but I'm not so tense so it's better.
This morning my lovely 16 yr old son left the hot water tap running downstairs, it was three hours before I found out and turned it off, so, of course, there wasn't a drop of hot water for the much needed bath this morning. Rough day, hope tomorrow is better...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 21 Apr 2011, 13:54

Oh Elphie - that's a rough day for you! Teenagers can be a real trip. I don't speak from experience because I don't have kids ... I'm just commenting on what I was like as a 16 yr old. I've apologized to my mother soooooo many times in my adulthood!
I didn't know that Tylenol boosted the effects of other meds - good to know!
I hope you can take it easy for the rest of your day. Tomorrow will be better, if for no other reason than there will only be 6 more days to go - that's less than a week! You're almost there!
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 21 Apr 2011, 14:25

You're right! Almost there...my teenager will NEVER do that again....he had to face mommy AND the dragon today! I'm surprised he's not fanning me with a big feather now he feels terrible about it, well, as terrible as a 16 yr old boy can feel, anyway...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 21 Apr 2011, 14:46

hee, hee! good job! Everybody needs to learn how their behaviour affects other people - so good on you! I wish more young folk I encounter learned that. I'm sure he does feel pretty bad, probably more than he lets on :)
If he offers to fan you with a big feather, you should definitely let him do it!
Deleted User 579