New to the Forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the Forum

Postby mbpaul » 26 Apr 2011, 18:37

Hi guys, I have been reading your post all day and believe I have found a group that understand my pain in the ass (pun intended). However, based on some of the post I have read I am very fearful right now. You see I have been battling AF for just one year now and was sort of hoping I'd be over it in a few months rather than years. My only ray of hope is that my CRS says he's pretty sure he can treat me without surgery (although I have had to visit the ER on three occasions so far). So now I am on proctofoam (prescribed by my CSR), Lidocaine ointment 5% (prescribed by my CRS's PA a few days ago), and Nitroglycerine 0.02% (prescribed by the ER doc two weeks ago).
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: New to the Forum

Postby Elphie » 26 Apr 2011, 20:08

Hi Paul, we definately feel your pain, I've had mine for just over a year, I've run the gamut I tell you. I'm having my LIS day after tomorrow.... Had I known or had more control, i wouldve had it first! You've read the posts, a fissure that's been around more than a few months is rarely healed by ointments but some have success with Botox. LIS seems extreme in the beginning but after a year, it seems like the blessed light at the end of the tunnel!
You've found the right place, I wasn't even using the right things til I found it. Miralax is a big help softening things, ibuprofen and robaxacet take the edge off and for me anyway, a heating pad/ magic bag is essential. Good luck, Paul, hope you find your fix fast!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby mbpaul » 27 Apr 2011, 16:05

Mary, thanks for your kind words and good look with your LIS. You must know we are all wishing you the best of luck.
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby ss616 » 27 Apr 2011, 20:52

Paul don't worry - if the creams don't work and surgery is an option, please take it. I had my LIS last Friday and I am grateful that I did. Not only am I on the path to healing, it was found that my fissure was infected and was drained/cleaned during the LIS procedure. You do not have to suffer if the pain is too great, the recovery pain is FAR less than what you are going through right now.
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12